Erect settings for Metallica..

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlok

Reaction score
I see alot of recommendations for the Mark X for Metallica stuff and just wanted to see what others think about the Erect for Metallica stuff. I was playing tonight and using the Vintage/Loose/Red seemed to be really close for Orion, MOP, Sanitarium, Seek and Destroye etc... Gain about 3:00, bass at noon, mids at 10-11:00 treble at 3:00 (RM100, 6L6's, Presense and Density both at 3:00). Thoughts??

I am looking at putting my Trilogy onm the block for a Mark X (haven't tried one yet) but I like the Erect for Metallica so far..

Well they used a Jose rodded Marshall on kill and ride and a mark on puppets and justice...

My voodoo HG does an epic kill tone and I asked Rob to mod me a module based solely on the justice tone, which he did and did an absolutely stellar job.

Do yourself a favor and get one done, it's well worth the dollars mate! Trust me

If you are digging the various ERECT settings for Metallica tones I would just go with what you have...They have changed tones and rigs numerous times over the years... When I first saw them in 1985 (yes, I'm old) they both played through 2 Marshall stacks. Two years later they went to the MARK Series Boogies... So there are so many variables to account for: pickups, tubes, effects, etc.. BUT.. like Rick had also mentioned you need to boost the gain channel with a drive pedal... I haven't stayed up to date with what JH & KH are using now, but back in the day they boosted with the an Ibanez TS-9. Food for thought.

Stock Grail with or without a boost nails Black Album live playing tone through v30s so the eRect should be easily able to hit it...just turn the knobs man! :)

I love seeing how everybody sets their mods for certain tones.
It would be awesome to have a separate section on the forum where everybody could post their favoured settings they use for each module.

IMO you will get sorta close with the Erect but not right on. They used a Mark IIC+ with a Marshall power section for Puppets and Justice. Black album and later its a Mark IV and Marshall power section.

Both the Marks just a have a different tone than the Recto series, Recto just doesn't have that thickness. You won't get 100% Metallica but you will get heavy.