Randall rd50h on sale at MF today only!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
I just nabbed one- I'm praying it's a Fortin converted head...there's a guy on RigTalk who bought one from MF last November and it had the Fortin tag

$299 shipped! Guess who's back on the forums!

crankyrayhanky said:
my rd50 is arriving soon-- Wednesday :D
Me too!

The UPS guy usually gets here around 3PM Eastern, so we'll see who gets theirs first! My fingers are crossed that these are modded by Mike Fortin. I'll post here as soon as mine arrives and spill the beans.

a delivery contest! My guy usually comes around 3:30...but you're a few hours ahead of me so you'll be rocking that Fortin. If you're like me, the first hour you'll say you have found THE tone, hour 2 you'll be tweaking up a storm and by hour 3 (just as mine arrives) you'll have it listed and sold in the classifieds :lol:

crankyrayhanky said:
a delivery contest! My guy usually comes around 3:30...but you're a few hours ahead of me so you'll be rocking that Fortin. If you're like me, the first hour you'll say you have found THE tone, hour 2 you'll be tweaking up a storm and by hour 3 (just as mine arrives) you'll have it listed and sold in the classifieds :lol:
LOL Ray!

Yes, I'm a flipper for sure, but if this one has the "Fortin" tone, I'll be keeping it. I have owned 3 Fortin-modified heads, and I regret selling each one, ESPECIALLY the Cali.

Wow :shock:
I'm totally interested in hearing your reaction to the rd50...just based off that 1 kick *** rd50 clips it's unbelievable how this cheap Randall seems to ooze Fortin tones that seem real close to his expensive custom line & mod work.

I too have it tracked:
OUT FOR DELIVERY!

Heavy Harv D in Florida from my DWYN video has one arriving today too :D
I'll try to get clips up asap

It's here, and it's..........................................................

MODIFIED BY MIKE FORTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post a tone report soon.

gag halfrunt said:
It's here, and it's..........................................................

MODIFIED BY MIKE FORTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post a tone report soon.

Who's this Fortin character? :?

:lol:

epilogue:
my rd50 is sold payment pending...love the preamp section- when I send it to my Recto fx return for Mesa Power it is awesome. But that's a lot of trouble I don't like to have...I'll eye up the NATAS or Satan models coming out. The rd50 power section is clear, articulate, & loud- but a bit sterile and lacks the punch I seek for super hi gain. These were the reasons I bailed on mts in the first place....it helps that I took Kemper profiles of a bunch of setups to keep the tones, time to move onto another amp for profiling and flipping :lol:

crankyrayhanky said:
epilogue:
my rd50 is sold payment pending...love the preamp section- when I send it to my Recto fx return for Mesa Power it is awesome. But that's a lot of trouble I don't like to have...I'll eye up the NATAS or Satan models coming out. The rd50 power section is clear, articulate, & loud- but a bit sterile and lacks the punch I seek for super hi gain. These were the reasons I bailed on mts in the first place....it helps that I took Kemper profiles of a bunch of setups to keep the tones, time to move onto another amp for profiling and flipping :lol:
Hey Ray,

Sorry that it wasn't to your liking. But I still owe you a big thanks for giving us all the heads up when these were on sale.

You may want to look to the Thrasher - according to Mike Fortin, it's got a lot of the NATAS in it. And at $1600 vs $4,000 for the NATAS, I know which way I'm going when the Thrashers hit the stores.

I am actually liking my modded RD50 more every day. The clean channel takes high gain pedals very well - Mike seems to have added some bass to the clean channel so the dirt pedals still have a lot of low end. So I get the Fortin modern high gain in ch 2, but I also have a Triple Wreck, OCD, B-Drive (XTC tones), and AMT D2 (Diezel tones) coming through the clean channel.

Yes, that clean channel is surprisingly good. I have such love affair with my Rhodes Recto and Friedman Ampeg...couple that with limited funds and constant GAS and good amps get flipped. The KPA really enables the quick flip...
I'm glad you jumped on the sale price- that is a crazy good number for that amp. But after mixing Ola's contest wav, I have that Satan in my head. I know I'll need to get another Fortin at some point; I've been on the Natas waiting list for almost a year :shock: