MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Randall rd50h on sale at MF today only!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
drewiv

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gag halfrunt wrote:
It's here, and it's..........................................................

MODIFIED BY MIKE FORTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post a tone report soon.

Who's this Fortin character? Confused

Laughing
crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epilogue:
my rd50 is sold payment pending...love the preamp section- when I send it to my Recto fx return for Mesa Power it is awesome. But that's a lot of trouble I don't like to have...I'll eye up the NATAS or Satan models coming out. The rd50 power section is clear, articulate, & loud- but a bit sterile and lacks the punch I seek for super hi gain. These were the reasons I bailed on mts in the first place....it helps that I took Kemper profiles of a bunch of setups to keep the tones, time to move onto another amp for profiling and flipping Laughing
gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crankyrayhanky wrote:
epilogue:
my rd50 is sold payment pending...love the preamp section- when I send it to my Recto fx return for Mesa Power it is awesome. But that's a lot of trouble I don't like to have...I'll eye up the NATAS or Satan models coming out. The rd50 power section is clear, articulate, & loud- but a bit sterile and lacks the punch I seek for super hi gain. These were the reasons I bailed on mts in the first place....it helps that I took Kemper profiles of a bunch of setups to keep the tones, time to move onto another amp for profiling and flipping Laughing

Hey Ray,

Sorry that it wasn't to your liking. But I still owe you a big thanks for giving us all the heads up when these were on sale.

You may want to look to the Thrasher - according to Mike Fortin, it's got a lot of the NATAS in it. And at $1600 vs $4,000 for the NATAS, I know which way I'm going when the Thrashers hit the stores.

I am actually liking my modded RD50 more every day. The clean channel takes high gain pedals very well - Mike seems to have added some bass to the clean channel so the dirt pedals still have a lot of low end. So I get the Fortin modern high gain in ch 2, but I also have a Triple Wreck, OCD, B-Drive (XTC tones), and AMT D2 (Diezel tones) coming through the clean channel.

Kemper into Atomic CLR neo.
crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that clean channel is surprisingly good. I have such love affair with my Rhodes Recto and Friedman Ampeg...couple that with limited funds and constant GAS and good amps get flipped. The KPA really enables the quick flip...
I'm glad you jumped on the sale price- that is a crazy good number for that amp. But after mixing Ola's contest wav, I have that Satan in my head. I know I'll need to get another Fortin at some point; I've been on the Natas waiting list for almost a year Shocked
crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kemper clips forthcoming....
gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know exactly what you mean about the Kemper enabling amp flipping. I must have bought and sold 10 amps during the first 6 months I owned it.

Kemper into Atomic CLR neo.
crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epilogue II
well, the buyer backed out, and I never relisted...I'm sort of falling in love all over again with the rd50. Surprising, it does not sound great with my #1 axe that has Aftermaths (too hot/spikey), but sounds really good with the Peavey HP or Epi with MMans. LOVE the way it sounds when I go fx out into the return of the Mesa for a more powerful sound, yet still crystal clear.

My manic ways have brought shame upon the Randall family....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Other Randall Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: