Gain Structure

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
Rob,
Rather than write an E-mail I thought I'd let everyone benefit from your answer here.
I've been using two RM50 combos in stereo.
I've taken the modules out of the RM50s and purchased
two RM4 preamps. The outputs then feed the FX returns of the RM50 combos. This is simply to provide me with 4 channels per amp instead of 2. Previously I only had module volumes and amp master volumes.
Now I have module volumes, RM4 master volume AND the RM50 master volume.
Any wisdom as to how to set each volume for the best tone and signal to noise ratio?

I'll start by referencing the post I made a stick the other day here: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=17471

Although I don't have any experience running your exact setup, it should not be much different than running into a dedicated power amp. The best advice I have is to try setting it up several different ways and see what responds best to your playing. My rule of thumb would be to keep the modules at least at noon or better. The decision to use the RM4 Master or RM50 Master to control overall level is in your hands, but do set the one you don't use around 11:00 to 1:00 for good feel and sensitivity.

Hope that helps!

Rob