V2 Head with Pedal probs...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan4132

Reaction score
Hey guys....

I went out and bought the V2 head on friday.....Its a great piece of kit. And the Band love it aswell...
Anywayz....onto my problem....:(

It says in the instruction book you can use the footcontroller on the V2 to store if you want the EQ and FX loop to be on when your switching channels... Well I would like this to happen as I use effects constnatly through my set. It instructs that you have to hold down for example the EQ button and it should flash after 5 secs to say that it has been stored. Mine doesn't and it wont save... Its annoying the hell out of me as everytime I change channel I have to turn the FX loop and EQ back on...

Anybody know why this is happening?!
And **** that glue that they use! :roll:

Thanks in advance...

p.s whats the tubes that they use in these amps? Are all 4 the same?

I have yet to figure that Midi thing out yet myself,but if you want the graphic eq and the fx loop on - lets say on the tube channel,make sure that the footswitch led's are lit and matching the same as the head then just hold down the tube button on the pedal until they start and then quit blinking,(seems like an eternity). I think the manual could be a little more clear on programming the Midi set up-maybe it's just me. :D I actually just took the head out of the chassis yesterday and stapled the tolex on because mine was starting to come loose,that's pretty lame with a 1200 dollar head if you ask me. But,it does sound great!!! As far as the preamp tubes,3 are 12AX7's and one is an 12AT7(the one towards the back). :twisted: :twisted:

Onegungutiar - You are a freaking genius! Thanks so much...it doesn't say to specifically do that in my manual. It tells me to hold down the Graphic EQ or the FX loop button not the **** channel button! Man O Man you saved me from throwing this pedal out the window! (can't throw the amp as its too heavy and costs more :D )
Randall please employ this man as your new instruction book writter 8)

And thanks for answering my question about the tubes as well. It doesn't say anything about those in my manual either.... :evil:

Thanks so much again! Really appriciate your help!! :)

No problem dan-I can gaurantee ya one thing-I'm no genius!! :p :p Just got lucky with it-hahaha!!! The manual says you can save whatever channels to whatever footswitch buttons you want but I haven't been able to get mine to do that yet,not that it matters. I was reading the manual on the Midi programming crap and I'm like WTF!!! That **** is too confusing,I just wanna plug in and play!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

lol - Still thanks though it would have taken me ages to figure that out if you hadn't told me...! Plus also the fact I would have put the wrong tubes in there as well.... :?

lol I did see all that stuff in the back... doesn't look to easy! :roll: Sorry I can't help you with any of it!

Thanks again! :)