Snark Clip On Tuner - Hooray!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Whoa...Best 11 bucks I've spent on gear....No plugging it in, it goes by vibration and a mic (if desired)....It tracks as fast and well as my Peterson Rack tuner and very accurate...

12104_Snark_Front_F.jpg

I bought one a month ago. The best piece of gear I've ever bought. I think I will buy a half dozen off them just to have them around.

Okay, here is where vanity comes into play. When I go see music live and I see someone using a clip-on style tuner, I cringe it looks so tacky. I'm waiting for a Kumbaya & Puff The Magic Dragon sing-a-long. I imagine going to rock shows in the 80's and seeing EVH, Slash, Vito Bratta, Tom Keifer, etc. with one of these clipped to their headstock. Headstocks are for cigarettes & picks (period).

What do mopeds, fat chicks & clip-on tuners have in common?

:D

I just ordered a couple. Hey, I like mopeds & fat chicks.

JD said:
Unfortunately it's not the 80's anymore.

What? Who told you that? :wink:

I just try to imagine where Lady Gaga or Nicki Minaj would clip this.

Yes, Sanrk rules! I have some expensive Korg tuners I should unload, because they never get used anymore
Best part is it's out of the signal chain :D

Those things are definitely a gear of the years award winners! I have a few. My kids have em!! haha Great gift to any musician. I do have to agree with Drew that they look a bit out of sorts hanging up on the headstock through a show. Cant wait till the GF edition comes out. Your girl can buy you a customized one where the screen flips to a pic of her when you are playing a song because she knows where your focus should be. hahaha

Thnx for heads up, this will be great for re-stringing.
I picked up the new sn8 (supposed to be tighter, brighter, and faster) for $12 on eBay free shipping

In all seriousness, how do they manufacturer and sell these for under $10 (Musician's Friend - blue model)? I assume they're made in Asia, but that's still amazingly inexpensive.

Mattfig said:
I love mine but the look is quite silly...I tune and remove...
ditto. Mines not a Snark, some other brand I can't recall.

I just clip mine to a guitar stand, pop it on the headstock to tune, and then back on the stand. Great for acoustic gigs when I'm not rocking a floor tuner. Or even for a quick tune-up playing an electric unplugged around the house

To help keep it out of sight, could a person cut the clamp off and crazy glue the tuner to the back of the headstock? At 12 bucks it's probably worth a try.

You might be able to. Not sure how that might affect how well it picks up vibrations from the headstock. I certainly wouldn't do it to any of my guitars. It's easy enough to unclip and sit it on an amp or clamp it to a mic stand when you're done

I don't know anything about maintaining guitars so I always take mine in to a tech when it needs tuning. That's what they mean by "setup", isn't it?

I've had this for a couple weeks and it is quite impressive. Actually, I love it. Great for home use, I don't have to break out a pedal and put it in a chain, forget to unplug it and kill the battery OR have to drag out my pedal board for a few minutes of practice. Surprisingly quick response and tunes just as good as any one of my tuner pedals. I have to say that I'm very impressed.

I like it. Quick & easy. I take it off though when I'm done tuning.

Latest posts