NAD: Blackstar ID:15(TVP) combo amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
Just pre ordered one of these with guitar center's 15% off Presidents sale.
It looks sweet for a practice amp (I need somthing inexpensive to leave in the car, jam at work, jam at night when the wife is asleep) that has built in effects, and lots of cool tones, and headphone out.
The line6 and peavy stuff sounded like dog **** to me, but I guess for $100 what can you expect?

http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/id15/

It's not valve, but has valve emulation. Which is becoming much better these days.
It emulates tubes on the fly: el84, 6v6, kt88, kt66, el34, 6l6 via front panel knob
Has various voicings: clean to extreme basically
Mp3 in, and headphone emulated out ( which I really need when the wife is asleep.)
Has the isf tone control which blacktstar is famous for.
All in a compact little box with 10" speaker.
+ many more features

Can't wait till it ships in a couple weeks.

IMG_0697-1_zpsefc7eae2.jpg

Ok, finally got this little guy in, Blackstar took a bit longer to release the 15w ID:TVP than normal. Blown Away! Best non-tube amp I have ever played. Ive played and owned quite a few high gain amps (Tons of MTS mods, Marshall, Mesa-Boogie, Krank). This thing sounds incredible for bedroom practice, and the effects are cool as hell. The presets they have loaded sound very good, but there is tons of tweak-ablility with this amp in manual mode. It sounds rocking loud also, I can feel it vibrate my feet through my wood floors. Sounds much larger than it look. The TrueValvePower technology gives you the sag, or breakup, or headroom, or clarity, or grit, of various power tubes such as: el84, 6v6, el34, KT66, 6l6, and KT88
Totally worth the $299 price tag, I really wanted a easy portable amp for road-trips and long lunch breaks at work. Since this has TONE and built in effects, it is smashing for that reason.
Don't expect it to kick you in the chest like a 100w+ tube head with KT88's through a OS 4x12, but for a 15w with a 10" speaker, I am in AWWWWW for a non-tube amp. Im not saying it can compare to all my tube heads, but it is so **** close, and sounds very good!

Thank you for the review!! I have been on the fence about trying/buying one of these...I LOVE the fact they have a knob to chance the type of tubes you can use.
I recently bought a Blackstar Club 40 and it is AWESOME!!! But I Live in a small apartment above my landlord and need something small and quiet to use for practice, but also versatile enough to get the tones I use in a live setting...
thanks again!!

Get it man!
Only thing you have to remember is to turn on the TVP button. As it sounds like a solid state amp until the TVP is activated. Then it's got the good **** tubey dynamics. If you plug it headphones. It will turn the effects into stereo. It almost tripped me out at first. Really, really glad I jumped on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS4dBiG5D8A
:shock: Sounds Amazing!!!!