JF Ultra Lead - WOW!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Daddy

Reaction score
Just got my hands on a JF Ultra Lead. This module was one that I had intended to buy, but had a few other things I wanted to try first. I knew I liked it when I heard Rob's Prototype, but LoD21 already had one, so I was trying not to duplicate modules I had access to. One came up that was too good a deal to pass up, so I grabbed it!

Holy Jesus is the a killer high gain module! The features are over the top! Very aggressive and yet another JF High Gainer that makes my Mamba SE feel a little jealous :p It's focused and very 3D I LOVE the features, great tonal variety and very versatile. Not for the faint of heart though, this module eats weaker ones for breakfast :p

GREAT module Rob, thank you for all the great work you do for us!

Love and kisses

H

I was just going to start a thread like this, I got mine last week and I love it.
I think your Mamba might be even more jealous of what's coming next :D

Do yourself a favor and try it with kt88/e34l in a rm100.
Smashing!
I think it sounds even bigger in my lynch box with super v's than my recto cab or my Marshall 1960b with v30/75 x pattern

My go to rhythm chugga tone right now.

But that may change soon with Robs new creation

I was on the verge of selling my Ultra Lead until i switched it out of my rm4 with el84 poweramp to my rm100 with 6l6's what a difference now it competes with my angel B for my high gain attention!
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
I was on the verge of selling my Ultra Lead until i switched it out of my rm4 with el84 poweramp to my rm100 with 6l6's what a difference now it competes with my angel B for my high gain attention!
-mp-

I like mine with 6L6s as well, I can't wait to try it with KT88s when I get my RM50 back from Rob this week.

zepplin490 said:
-mp-
Totally agree with this, and with the OP.

The Ultra Lead sounds fantastic. It's still my favorite high gainer of them all.