Celebrities in your Audience

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Pearson

Reaction score
Every Friday evening, our band "Spare Parts" plays at the Y.O. Hotel in Kerrville (Texas). Sometimes, the place is packed wall-to-wall. Sometimes, we draw only ten people. We never know what to expect.

Last night, a bunch of guys walked in, all wearing black. I knew we were in trouble. So during our next break, I went over and talked with them. It turns out they were members of the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra on tour in Texas. Kerrville was a stop-over for them between New Mexico and Corpus Christi.

It was great to meet such a talented bunch of horn-blowers.

The point of this topic is to hear from others on this forum about similar experiences. What stories do you have about meeting great people during one of your gigs?

I've played a few events where there were some notables there but never really thought about it much...

The people that make me nervous are the guys in bands I love...That is hard for me but a total thrill...We did a mess of shows with Faster Pussycat years and years ago (I know, 80s rock - but I grew up in the 80s) and at least a couple of them would come to our set each night...I was like a giddy school girl...My bandmates were certain I had lost it as they thought MUCH less of them...

The guys that were at your gig though Graham would have made me nervous too...Musicians of that caliber are rare and don't hang out in the dumps I play... :)

Mattfig said:
I've played a few events where there were some notables there but never really thought about it much...

The people that make me nervous are the guys in bands I love...That is hard for me but a total thrill...We did a mess of shows with Faster Pussycat years and years ago (I know, 80s rock - but I grew up in the 80s) and at least a couple of them would come to our set each night...I was like a giddy school girl...My bandmates were certain I had lost it as they thought MUCH less of them...

The guys that were at your gig though Graham would have made me nervous too...Musicians of that caliber are rare and don't hang out in the dumps I play... :)

I saw Faster Pussycat open for Whitesnake at Pine Knob back around 1990. I thought they were pretty cool.

I was playing in a lowly bar and in came Ritchie Blackmore. He leaned against the wall and watched for a while. He stayed long enough that i chatted with him. I asked him a question about one of my favorite RAINBOW songs..and he gave me an answer that seemed to be calculated to make me stop asking questions. Kinda funny now that I think about it. I smiled,...what else could I do...and after a few minutes got back up and continued to play. At some point he and his friends moved on to some other place...its all good, I thought.
GtrGeorge