SG MK22 is just the ****!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I'm preaching to the choir here, but God I just love that SG MK22. If you love Marshall tones and you don't have one, GET ONE! Strangely it sounds just as good with 6L6s as it does with EL34s in my opinion. It's not the most versatile module out there, but for what it does nothing else comes close. This is one I'll keep for as long as I live in the MTS world.
I should say that this is a module I've had for a couple of years now and I'm still this excited about it.

Oh yeah. That one and my XTC LE are the two modules I basically never take out of my preamp. One of my favorite things to do is play along with the two Cardiacs live albums 'Garage Concerts vols. 1 and 2', and the MK22 nails the tone of the rhythm guitar. I know it's accurate, because I was at those shows, and the guitarist was using a JMP 2203 (or possibly 2204--can't be sure).

Can you still get one? I thought Scott ( Sacred Groove ) was on hiatus. A legendary mod for sure!

There's a bunch of people, me included that are waiting for Scott to comeback. I have serious GAS for a Bully mod.

Luckily I got the MK22 and Bully before Scott decided to go fishing. Those mods are both amazing and I'd put them up against any $4000 boutique amp.

Four channel Marshall heaven. Throw these in a MOD50 and you're good to go. I would (and have) put these up against $4k boutiques. Definitely there with them. If you don't have these (and love Marshall), you should!
733ab0601a3333fbc84334cb8e967749_zpsef916e73.jpg

0e7ab6ca7dc2ed11b24a6b86eddaa0ae_zps45101abf.jpg

drewiv said:
Four channel Marshall heaven. Throw these in a MOD50 and you're good to go. I would (and have) put these up against $4k boutiques. Definitely there with them. If you don't have these (and love Marshall), you should!
733ab0601a3333fbc84334cb8e967749_zpsef916e73.jpg

0e7ab6ca7dc2ed11b24a6b86eddaa0ae_zps45101abf.jpg

I can't wait until I get my Bully. Thanks for the pic ;) If it's everything I think it will be, It'll do fine in the shootout video I plan to make. I want to do a shootout between SG, JF, Salvo, and Voodoo. The Bully, Quickmod, Camered and modded Plexi are going to square off for ultimate Marshall supremacy =)

Kicking this one back up.

I took possession of the dual MK22 and Bully drewiv pictured above.

Curios to audiomidijace if yours has the boost switch and Vintage/Modern switch? You mention you don't think its all that versatile, but with those two switches and the 2203/2204 modes (separate channels on mine) this thing covers a ton of ground.
I instantly see the hype around these. This is some good Marshall tone right here.

You're all filthy module whores! Especially those that have dualies and have been holding out posting the goods.... :lol:

nitrous12 said:

Curios to audiomidijace if yours has the boost switch and Vintage/Modern switch? You mention you don't think its all that versatile, but with those two switches and the 2203/2204 modes (separate channels on mine) this thing covers a ton of ground.
I instantly see the hype around these. This is some good Marshall tone right here.

No. Mine just has the 2203/2204 switch. I'm sure yours DOES cover a ton of ground! I still love mine. I've played/owned a TON of Marshall mods. None of the others do what this one does.

I also have a JF Silverado which is a Marshall Silver Jubilee. Completely different flavor, but I love it just as much. This one IS quite versatile! I usually have the Silverado in ch3 and the MK22 in ch4 of my RM4. I prefer the MK22 for high gain.
8)

I had a Silverado for a while too. Definitely different, but very cool. Thats one I should have held onto and can see myself getting again.

What Marshall amps are the MK22 and Bully modded over? It can be quite hard to figure out if the module names have any resemblance to the amps they are trying to simulate.

mr.air said:
What Marshall amps are the MK22 and Bully modded over? It can be quite hard to figure out if the module names have any resemblance to the amps they are trying to simulate.

In a nutshell:
MK22 = JMP 2203/2204
The Bully = VH Fair Warning

Man I'm dying here, killer pics!
I really want a Bully and a MK22 but most of all
I would kill for a fully loaded SG XTC LE from the main man himself.

I wish Scott would come back, he is a Tone Wizard!!!

We need his Sonic Alchemy and Magick!!!

Please I'm begging you Bro.

Cheers

I don't talk to Scott much anymore, but we are fb friends. I don't think he has any intention of modding anytime soon. I could be wrong, but that's the feeling I got the last we spoke.

nitrous12 said:

The Vintage/Modern switch allows players to choose between the original 1968 Plexi Tone Stack (Vintage) or the two input 2203/2204 JMP Tone Stack (Modern).

I have that same option installed on my MK22 (which has been renamed to MK22+).

Both are amazing modules IMO and can provide any Marshall tone with the appropriate guitar/pickups.

Mike P said:
nitrous12 said:

The Vintage/Modern switch allows players to choose between the original 1968 Plexi Tone Stack (Vintage) or the two input 2203/2204 JMP Tone Stack (Modern).

I have that same option installed on my MK22 (which has been renamed to MK22+).

Both are amazing modules IMO and can provide any Marshall tone with the appropriate guitar/pickups.

I find the Modern setting a bit brighter and more out front. Liking that better at the moment.

nitrous12 said:

The MK22 is extremely versatile, even without the selectable Tone Stack. Try the module in 2203 (low gain) mode with the gain at 12. With a great sounding Strat, it'll sound like this:

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/backyardbbq.mp3

Now, in Low Gain mode, crank the gain and plug in a Les Paul or. Jr. The tone becomes very compressed and cool sounding, capturing a retro vibe. It's definitely a different sound than setting the gain at 12 in High Gain mode.

It's all up to your imagination.