Another new mod...JF Snakebite!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDA

Reaction score
SCROLL TO JADED FAITH'S POST AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR DETAILS, PRICING AND AN AUDIO SAMPLE.

I've had this on order for awhile, looking forward to picking this one up. Sorry if I'm spoiling the fun, I just can't resist posting when I see new mods pop up on Facebook.

581743_601769093170842_96477118_n.jpg

dcg8 said:
Not digging the face plate :(
Sorry man, I just had 4 calls in the last 30 minutes and they were calling this pic the equivalent to a bikini pic! Everyone has their own style though and that's a beautiful thing. I think this and the Grail Tone are possibly my two favorite plates to date. Stunning in person. This was an iPhone pic.

Sweet! Glad to finally see this anticipated mod. Does my order come with a snake cage and prey?

dcg8 said:

I agree. I'm not a big fan of the current trend for faceplates where it's simply the panel/grill of the amp it's copying. It doesn't yield a unique, creative appearance like the old style of faceplates. I think for the Cobra, that JF green snake module that was a one off was much more appealing. Just my opinion though.

Same goes for the new Grail Tone. I wish it was more EVH inspired, though not stripes since that's been way overdone.

Tough crowd. To each their own. If you can build me a mod that sounds great and I love it, i could care less what it looks like. Take a crap, wipe your a$$ with my faceplate, beat it with a hammer, call it art. Sounds good? Lets Rock!

Just ordered 3 dozen feeder mice, a case of Fuji bottled water, a bag of Lays Chicken and Waffles chips, a carton of smokes, a flame retardant jumpsuit, a new pair of Raybans, some Don Julio Blanco and a tube of KY Sensation. I am READY for my order, Mr. Faith!

Was getting some inspiring tones out of my Custom Recto, Ultra Lead and Mamba SE in the studio last night, let's get this sucker in an RM100, crank it and make a metal CD!

H

In all fairness, there is always the option for a custom plate to be made if someone desires one. Heck, I just shipped a trio of mods to Australia last week and all three had a custom plate in the HW-103 vein. Oddly, none were an HW-103! It's been done many times before and I am sure it will happen many more times.

As for the preferences in style, the current approach keeps the mods consistent from an image and branding perspective.

speed2dirt said:
dcg8 said:

I agree. I'm not a big fan of the current trend for faceplates where it's simply the panel/grill of the amp it's copying. It doesn't yield a unique, creative appearance like the old style of faceplates. I think for the Cobra, that JF green snake module that was a one off was much more appealing. Just my opinion though.

Same goes for the new Grail Tone. I wish it was more EVH inspired, though not stripes since that's been way overdone.

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY! :shock:
That Green Snake was just fugly.
Exactly how do you make something look EVH inspired yet not have stripes?
Maybe if you're lucky the Grail Tone will inspire you to kick your bass player out of your band. VERY EVH!

Whhhooaaaa! holy mamba :twisted:
can't wait to hear the clips! I care less about faceplate as long it sounds \m/

I'm happy to announce the long awaited, highly requested Snakebite module based on the Framus Cobra. This is the new "King Cobra" of the MTS world and the most brutal Recto tone to date, period.

The Snakebite features the following features:

- Crunch and Lead channels from the Cobra
- The VENOM switch uses an very creative approach to emulating the effect of a clean boost via a Tube Screamer OD pedal. The saturation is increased and the mids are bumped up for additional cut
- The FREQ knob gives you complete and total control of the midrange voicing
- The BODY switch provides dual voicings for the center or body of the mids
- The FANGS switch provides dual voicings for the upper mids and provides additional cut

Courtesy of Jaded Faith Mods and Kevin at Ownhammer, here is the official demo for the Snakebite: http://snd.sc/YYt7A1

The guitar on the left is the Crunch channel with VENOM on, the right is the Lead channel without VENOM and the center is the Lead channel with VENOM. All guitars were played by Kevin and the mixing and reamping were done here in the studios at Jaded Faith Mods by Rob using a MOD 50 with 5881's and Ownhammer impulses. There are absolutely no effects on this track except a Limiter on the output buss.

Pricing for this mod is $250. The first 5 on pre-order should ship within a week.

Rob, I meant no disrespect, seriously. I think you know that, but just want to be clear. I guess the fact that you can more easily customize the faceplate in MTS over a real amp lets the artist in me run wild. I like the crazier, more unconventional amp look, but understand that the general public wants more conservative. To each their own!

And yes, the tone is ultimately what matters. I haven't forgotten that. My eyes deceive me, but my ears shall not.

audiomidijace said:
Maybe if you're lucky the Grail Tone will inspire you to kick your bass player out of your band. VERY EVH!

As for EVH without stripes, I think spandex, poofy hair, strobe light, or smoke machine should pretty much cover it. :wink:

Jaded Faith said:
audiomidijace said:
Easy, it's called intention to keep oneself out of court! :lol:

Totally!
I think both new modules look amazing!
Hmm. What more could you do to make it more EVH inspired?
Any chance of soaking the boards in booze in a smoke filled room for a few days before modification?
Maybe you could put a Peavey face plate on an SL-OD 100 mod? Very EVH, but won't get you the brown sound I guess.
Perhaps you could not update the Grail Tone module section of the Jaded Faith website for years at a time? That would be very EVH.
Is there any way for the module to ingest crystal meth?

As a selling feature to help sell you wife on the gear purchase you can let her know the red markers on the knobs are real Swarovski crystal. Seriously!

Nice work again Rob. Sounds awesome.
The Swarovski's would work on my better half. Better yet make a limited edition "Diamond Eye" model.