Camerock question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksun

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Current and former Camerock owners, which Gain style did you prefer;
A) highest volume = less clipping/distorsion (middle position) or
B) Lowest volume = most clipping and distorsion mode?

I'm about to order a dual ch camerock (based on an eggie module ) and one of the channels must have a dedicated fixed gain style option.
:)

blacksun said:
Hi guys,

Current and former Camerock owners, which Gain style did you prefer;
A) highest volume = less clipping/distorsion (middle position) or
B) Lowest volume = most clipping and distorsion mode?

I'm about to order a dual ch camerock (based on an eggie module ) and one of the channels must have a dedicated fixed gain style option.
:)
B

Mine was wired for (B). I felt it was best for a lead tone, leaving rhythm options for CHA. YMMV.

Thank you for the input. Just talked to Anthony/Salvation mods, and it seems he has found a way to do two gain style switches. Think it's safe to say this guy can do some magic, just ask him.. :)

I ask Anthony about ordering another Camerock.. He told about Camerica is in the works!

Is there much difference between the CCV and the Atomica? I've never had the pleasure to play any of them, but when I just checked some youtube clips I got the impression they both have a lot in common, perhaps is the Atomica somewhat more modern sounding.
Any opinions?

blacksun said:
Is there much difference between the CCV and the Atomica? I've never had the pleasure to play any of them, but when I just checked some youtube clips I got the impression they both have a lot in common, perhaps is the Atomica somewhat more modern sounding.
Any opinions?

If I had to say one was more modern it would be the CCV. The CCV definitely has more gain, but I wouldn't consider either modern. IMO

drewiv said:
blacksun said:
Any opinions?

If I had to say one was more modern it would be the CCV. The CCV definitely has more gain, but I wouldn't consider either modern. IMO

I was really hoping you would chime in and give your thoughts about this. How would you say they differ, in what way?

blacksun said:
drewiv said:
blacksun said:
Any opinions?

I was really hoping you would chime in and give your thoughts about this. How would you say they differ, in what way?

In a simple nutshell. The CCV has more gain and I would relate it more to Bogner with Marshall undertones. The CCV is very versatile.

The Atomica is more a simple hot-rodded Marshall-esque tone. In that way I would not consider either modern. I think of modern as more Mesa, ENGL, Diezel, Framus etc.

Mark has his own thing going on in both of them, but that's the easiest way to explain it. Zachman has some great Atomica clips. Good CCV clips are hard to find. I think the best is Mark Day's run down of the production CCV through Tone Merchants.

When I get My Quick Rog GT back from rob, I'm gonna film a comparison video of it going against my Camered. I'm curious to hear the results.

The Rossness said:
When I get My Quick Rog GT back from rob, I'm gonna film a comparison video of it going against my Camered. I'm curious to hear the results.

Did you ever do tha comparison??

Splawn sounds very different to me in the low and and the midrange.

buriedorburned said:
The Rossness said:

Did you ever do tha comparison??

I never got around to doing the comparison, sorry.