Coversation with Steve Baldwin March 30/07

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
In the interests of all Randall customers...

I talked with Steve baldwin today and aired my concerns in regards to the Randall module delays and the tolex issues on the Lynch Box.

Mr. Baldwin said that to his knowladge modules should have went out to Canadian customers a month ago.
Their production manager is at a trade show in Germany right now and may be hard to get a hold but he said he will make efforts to talk with him ASAP and see if the modules shipped and if so the location of the modules.

In regards to the tolex issues he said that regular production models had a single bad run of an issue with the glue catalist however he was unaware of toles issues in their high end amps.

Mr. Baldwin took the opportunity to apolagize to me saying he is very sorry that things have went so badly wrong and that I as a Randall customer deserve better service that whats currently happening.

I told him that there is a lot of concern on the Randall MTS forum with the current module issues and that the tolex issues are being mentioned aswell. He seemed to be concerned that this might also get mentioned on Harmony Central.

Mr. Baldwin assured me he would call me back if not today on Monday with answeres on both my queries.
He also told me that in addition to me deserving resolve with the issues at hand I will also get a swag package sent out to me through MCC.

All in all there are many things in the conversation I had today with Mr. Baldwin that I have heard too many times before. Whether he makes good on his promises is questionable. However if he does not make good I am going to take more severe measures and talk with Rudy Schlacher ( his boss ) which will go something like this... it's been long enough and thats why I brought my Lynch Box back for a full refund.

It's in everyones best interest to contact Randall with their lagitimate concerns whether it be with a regular production model amp or a signature "high end" amp. Voice your concerns let randall know that when you pay good money for a product you expect everything to be in order.

Fell free to PM me in regards to these issues.

Khing

I didn't mention that Steve Baldwin promised me that if MCC has not yet recieve my mods and they were not in transit he would personally UPS them to the MCC Airdrie location.
If like me you have paid for your product up front and have been waiting far too long I advise you contact Randall and eventually Steve Baldwin himself with your complaints.
The more feedback he gets the better.

Khing

Khing-

Who is Steve Baldwin, not familiar with the name.

ned said:
Khing-

Who is Steve Baldwin, not familiar with the name.

Ned,
Steve Baldwin is our Canadian Randall rep. He seems to be handling all Randall issues in Canada. Khing and I are both not having much luck with him, we both have problems with our purchases and it's not taken care of through our Canadian Randall distributor. Maybe you can chime in some suggestions.
Tung

The not so handsom other brother... LOL just joking ofcoarse I've never met the man in person.

Ned... Steven Baldwin is the Western Canadian Representative for Randall a division of American Music Corperation.
If you call or write from western Canada the customer service with a complaint or if you do what I did and ask the dealership owner for the Rep for Randall you will get Steven Baldwin.

Craig

Ooops... sorry tung... my post sat for a few hours ( ! :oops: ) before I got a chance to complete it... shoulda checked first I guess.

Khing

Maybe just contact Randall directly and skip the Canadian distributor if your problems (other than module availability) are getting fixed. There is a Randall Customer Service contact thread stickied in the Randall forum.

As before Mr. Baldwin promised to call me back but has not... he promised same day of monday... BUT STILL NO CALL!

Khing

Hey Craig,
I've talked to Steve Baldwin about an hour ago. i've expressed a lot of the concerns and we had a good conversation.
I'm in the same boat as you, but I do think that we should cut Steve some slack. He does try to accomadate, but a lot of these problems come from Randall and kinda beyond his control. What Randall should be doing is improve their PR and Customer Service dept.
I'm not taking sides here, just my 2 cents :)
T.

Steve Baldwin called me today and it's the same old same old. He offered no resolve to the issues. What I'm getting now is the production manager is not back from germany yet... in other words stalling again.

Tung... I hear ya bro... Steve is not the root cause of the problem and I have no hard feelings towards him personally. My conversation with him was very respectful and no threats, shouting, obscenities, etc... occured. However he is the Rep and the company he works for has placed him in a position for which he has accepted responsibility for. If there is a product issue Mr. Baldwin handles it on the customer and dealer end. Telling him our issues will allow him to pass it on and hopefully RANDALL will be better in the future becasue of it... impact assesmants anyone!

I have talked with Steve a few times since late 06 and it is very frustrating to hear the same thing over and over with no good news. I've sat and listened to the rep and the dealer pass the buck so many times that it's very frustrating... even in so far as blaming George Lynch for the delays. In our last conversation his responce was one of a surprised individual... one who did not know why the modules were not in my posession. Whats really getting me is they new all of this back in Nov 06 when I bought the Lynch Box but did not say anything so I went ahead on good faith and here I am today. They probably did not know then that it would be this bad but atleast say it as it is and not beat around the bush about things.

There are no excuses now and a resolve will not come quick enough for me anyways. I do know this when the mods do finally arrive it will be a good day!

Khing

Best of luck, Craig. Hope you get your stuff soon. Make sure you give us a nice review :wink: I understand your frustrations totally, you can only hear the same song and dance for so long. I love the MTS gear, that's why I'm holding out for it. If it was other inferior products, i would have said f@@# it a long time ago.
T.

I am with you guys, i ended up cancelling my order for the lynch box after a 9 month ordeal. I figured that's what i get for living in tasmania but sounds like it doesn't matter where you live.
Good luck guys.

rickgk said:
I am with you guys, i ended up cancelling my order for the lynch box after a 9 month ordeal. I figured that's what i get for living in tasmania but sounds like it doesn't matter where you live.
Good luck guys.

We got one here in Canada at a local dealer :) i was playing through it the other day. They'll send it out to you right away if you want it.

rickgk wrote:
Good luck guys.

There is also one in Calgary...

Tung wrote:

Best of luck, Craig. Hope you get your stuff soon. Make sure you give us a nice review I understand your frustrations totally, you can only hear the same song and dance for so long. I love the MTS gear, that's why I'm holding out for it. If it was other inferior products, i would have said f@@# it a long time ago.
T.

I truely appreciate your words bro. I would never held out on an inferior product either. I have no problem reviewing the Lynch Box and all it's modules and maybe even posting some sound samples when I have all the gear in my hands.

Here is a link to what I wrote last night over at the George Lynch Message Board... Ive been a member there since the beginning...

http://p210.ezboard.com/fgeorgelynchmessageboard52219frm63.showMessage?topicID=447.topic

as you can see I love the Lynch Box...

Khing

khingpynn said:
rickgk wrote:

I truely appreciate your words bro. I would never held out on an inferior product either. I have no problem reviewing the Lynch Box and all it's modules and maybe even posting some sound samples when I have all the gear in my hands.

Khing

That would be great, Craig. i would love to check out what you came up with on the LB gear.
Yes, I did read your review on the LB over there on GL board. Got to get those guy hip to the Randall. With all the PR we did for this line of gear, Randall should give us something, ha... My students are getting going to buy the MTS series because I got them into it.
BTW your own site is rockin'. Love those ol' school 80's pics :lol: Mine are stashed away with two Valkyrie maidens guarding it, not to be touched :roll:
Happy Easter