NAD and my MTS Rigs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel City Psycho

Reaction score
Just picked up an RM50LB off of Ebay over the weekend for a ridiculuos price.

This thing is MINTY!!!

I have been wanting the RM50LB for quite some time and couldn't pass up the deal.

I love the Super V speakers and the addition of portability and reverb is a plus.

I am digging it so far although it is pretty dark sounding compared to the Lynch Box itself. I'm wondering if it has to do with the Presence/Density board, but I like it, it's not a bad thing.

The previous owner does have 6L6s in it and I haven't checked the bias yet. I will do that and maybe throw in some Tung-Sol EL34Bs I have. And check the preamp tubes as well.

Right now I run my RM100 and Lynch Box with JJ 6L6s on the outside and JJ E34Ls on the inside.

I bought my first RM100 and XXL cab with V-30s in July of 2007, then I joined this forum (I was formerly tdevil_666).

After some time I began not being all that happy with the ice picky highs of the V-30s, and always wanted a full stack for some reason, so I decided to add another XXL cab. This time I opted for the G12T-75 model which then I X patterned both cabs which I didn't mind, it made each speaker sound better to me. That was good for me until I found the Lynch Box.

In 2009 I wanted to get the Lynch Sig modules. As luck had it Musician's Friend emailed me with one of there "Special Call In Deals" and when I called I was able to get the loaded Lynch Box head for just a little over as much as just buying the 3 modules. I figured it would be good to have a spare head since I was already into the MTS world.

At first I wasn't too sure about the whole 80's alligator tolex thing. I much preferred the meaner black/metal grill look of my RM100 and XXL cabs, but after acquiring the Lynch Box head I began reading on here and else where about how awesome the Lynch cabs with the Eminence Super V's sounded. I actually dug the alligator in person and added one of those to my collection and that was it for the XXL cabs. the Lynch cabs blew them away. I quickly added another Lynch cab and the Lynch stack has been my main rig since then.

I always planned to put Super Vs in the XXL cabs too, but since they are now discontinued I'm not sure what I am going to do.

And here's my MTS Rigs :D

IMG_20130327_150942_127_zps57f89a5b.jpg

I am a big fan of the Super V as well, they show up on ebay some times...I got lucky on the pair that I have.

ricknasty1985 said:
I love your rigs. Awesome setup you got there!

Thanks man.

Totenkampf said:
I am a big fan of the Super V as well, they show up on ebay some times...I got lucky on the pair that I have.

Yeah, but I need 8, or 4 at least :roll: :lol:

That's why I put it off for so long, $1000 for speakers is kind of ridiculous.

I was going to email Eminence and ask what the closest speaker they have to it is, I figure it was probably based off of a Legend, or try some Texas Heats & Governors in an X Pattern or something.

I asked them about the closest speaker once and I believe they told me it was the legend V128. I have swamp thangs and Texas heats in an x pattern in one cab and they are pretty crushing but I don't think there is much difference in the two other than an extended bottom end on the st. I had governors and man o wars together too and really liked that. That combo is very similar to the Celestion v30 / g12t75 combo.

Steel City Psycho said:
Mattfig said:
Now on to the important question, is there actual whiskey in that huge bottle? :D

No, I'd be dead if it was. :lol:

It's a bank.

Brilliant idea, a bank for money to buy boose. :D
I dig the stacks. Always has been something cool about 4x12 cabs stacked to the ceiling.
From what I remember on the Eminence site, there were some tonal/frequency reponse differences, between the Legend128 & the Super V. I wonder if I can locate the Super V graph.

Hamner1 said:
Steel City Psycho said:
Mattfig said:
Now on to the important question, is there actual whiskey in that huge bottle? :D

No, I'd be dead if it was. :lol:

It's a bank.

Brilliant idea, a bank for money to buy boose. :D
I dig the stacks. Always has been something cool about 4x12 cabs stacked to the ceiling.
From what I remember on the Eminence site, there were some tonal/frequency reponse differences, between the Legend128 & the Super V. I wonder if I can locate the Super V graph.

Nah, the bank was actually purchased for nostalgic purposes. My first taste of alcohol I remember when I was like 10 or something was this drink my Mom made every year for Christmas, it was just called "Slush". I remember she used to get a big can of Donald Duck frozen orange juice concentrate, I think a lemon one, and boil it with sugar and some other stuff. Then add a bottle of 7 and cherries and it just got "slushy" in the freezer because of the alcohol. You'd scoop some in a glass and pour 7-Up over it, so it was basically a 7 & 7 with orange juice and cherries :lol:

Then also being a big Dime fan, he had a 7 tattoo and a 7 guitar, and me and my friends used to drink 7 before PanterA shows. A lot of history with me and Seagram's 7 :lol:

And my grandma had a glass whiskey bottle that actually came full of whiskey that same size she used as a bank for years.

The last time I cleaned out the bank it was for a guitar off of CL, a 2008 Vintage White Explorer 8)

I dig the look too, it's like Spinal Tap in my living room!!! :lol: But I'll tell you what, if I had bought the RM50LB first, I probably wuoldn't have either stack. It's really weird but it sounds darker and fuller to me than the 4 X 12s and I even hooked it up to the Lynch cabs.

I did have the tone chart for a Super V linked in a thread on here, but that link is no longer functional.

Yeah I remember my 1sttaste of alcohol & it was about that same age. :lol:
My cousins and my situation was less innocent. Grandpa had some hard liquor in the basement refrigerater. I'm quite certain it was not there for us to taste. :lol: Oddly enough the blackberry brandy didn't seem to smell that bad, but holy crap, it was absolutely horrible going down the hatch. :shock::oops:

Here is a screenshot of the Super V manual I downloaded a couple years back.
LynchSuperV_zps8a466929.jpg