Egnater Rebel 30 Combo?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oyster

Reaction score
I had a guy offer to sell me his Rebel 30 combo for $450. Looks mint, low miles on the tubes, and a dust cover. The retail price is $850-$900 if I'm not mistaken.

Should I jump at this? I know Bruce makes amazing stuff.

I would like to hear from people who have them.

Any info helps.

Thanks
Les. :D

I had one !
Nearly perfect combo, lightweight, absolutely beautifull finish, hard to believe it's chinese made, ability of switching the power tubes, nice fender cleans, 800 rythm/leads, you can carry it anywhere you want, and most of all, that thing really screams !
And that's the bad point, all the components are maybe too closed to each others in the combo, and the tubes are receiving a huge amount of vibrations, that may be the cause for microphonic issues arriving really quickly, morphing the nice sound of the beginning to something really awfull in that powerfull celestion 80 designed by B. Egnater ( the speaker is a beast sounding like a half stack ) that was the reason why I sold it
Read that a lot of people had the same issues with the combo, not with the head..
Hope it will help

Had a very similar issue. Sounds great but develops some noises it seems. I LOVE the power sections versatility though.