Duallies ordered

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
Voxless, Quickmod GT, SL-OD100, & possibly the 1st dually Brahma #39. :D 8)

Hamner1 said:

Nice! A dual Voxless is next on my list. You should ask Rob about what he did for my Dual Quickmod; he may tell you I was insane and a total pain in the *** but it may be the most amazing hot rodded modern Marshall tone in MTS.

MarcoR said:
Hamner1 said:

Nice! A dual Voxless is next on my list. You should ask Rob about what he did for my Dual Quickmod; he may tell you I was insane and a total pain in the *** but it may be the most amazing hot rodded modern Marshall tone in MTS.

:lol: Every time I email Rob I seem to precede it with, I'm a pain in the ***, or I'm nuts or similar. I will have to ask him about the QM GT.

I'm afraid to upgrade my QM to the GT. I'm not sure a tighter preamp is what my playing needs. :oops:

The Voxless is killer! The most surprised ever about a module, happy surprised. I couldn't believe how clean it could go on CH A and how dirty it could be on CH B. That module should be in the MTS Hall Of Fame, no doubt, first ballot.

Marco: You were the nail in the coffin that finalized the decision to release the GT as a replacement to the original! :lol:
One thing to keep in mind with the QMGT is the interactivity of the 4 tone pots. They have a a lot of interaction, so spending the time to understand that is very important. Particularly the Treble and Presence knobs in tandem.

The Voxless is certainly a classic. Probably my personal favorite.

I guess that means I don't have to ask about the QMGT. :lol:

Here is my prediction of what my initial reactions to the mods will be... keep in mind I don't have them yet:
Brahma#39 & SL-OD100 will be awesome. There is a reason I kept them in the mix when going dually. I'm guessing 5 minutes or so & they will be set as the singles were.

Voxless will be cool as I think it will do clean/cleanish/midgain really well. I'm told it will get meattier as well. 10-15 minutes and I think I will have my sounds dialed in.

QuickMod GT I will get to sound good but not quite there. 45 minutes later frustration will set in, then I will be on the board asking for settings. Then it will be perfect. :lol:

Jaded Faith said:
Marco: You were the nail in the coffin that finalized the decision to release the GT as a replacement to the original! :lol:

Thanks again for putting up with me! Even after a few weeks I still absolutely love it! Which is saying something...
And your secret changes are safe with me; I won't tell a soul except Drew!

I've got the first dual SL-OD100 and trust me on this you are going to love it - I put my Mod50 up against a Decatone and the Decatone went running for cover ;-)

I don't doubt that on the SL-OD100. Right now my GSP is trying to cover that tone. Close but I miss the module. These mods & the M4 can not get here quick enough.

Mods are done. Now if only the M4 was also done. Good times soon I hope. 8)

Channel A I will be able to. Unfortunately I didn't get the switch to be able to choose a/b as I was thinking I would have mods & M4 about the same time. That will give me time to really tinker with the Vox side of the Voxless & OD1 of the QuickRod GT... two mods I have not owned yet.

Well they showed up today. 5 minutes in &the SLOD100 & Brahma#39 were dialed in (at least channel A). The Voxless & QuickMod GT need some more time & probably an email or 2 to Rob :lol: . I spent about 20 minutes on those 2. So far cool but need to tweak when I have more time.

drewiv said:
I'm afraid to upgrade my QM to the GT. I'm not sure a tighter preamp is what my playing needs. :oops:

The Voxless is killer! The most surprised ever about a module, happy surprised. I couldn't believe how clean it could go on CH A and how dirty it could be on CH B. That module should be in the MTS Hall Of Fame, no doubt, first ballot.

Couldn't rob add a switch that would take it from QM to QMGT?

Hamner1 said:
Well they showed up today. 5 minutes in &the SLOD100 & Brahma#39 were dialed in (at least channel A). The Voxless & QuickMod GT need some more time & probably an email or 2 to Rob :lol: . I spent about 20 minutes on those 2. So far cool but need to tweak when I have more time.
Sounds about right! :lol: Drop me a line if you need some guidance. Manuals are in the works to help as well.

Jaded Faith said:
Manuals are in the works to help as well.

Oooooo! Manuals...

Next we have an hour conversation, remind me to plug in the Erect and seek your guidance. :D