Ordered up another custom mod - Fender Super Reverb

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Steve

Reaction score
I have been loving the stuff Rob has been building for me and the low gain blues tones I am chasing. Every module so far has lived up to or exceeded my expectations. The Fender Harvard (called Stax) is the perfect clean dirty tweed tone for me, I am done chasing tweed tones. The Ampeg Gemini really nailed the Ampeg tones.

I now have turned my focus to the Fender Black Face era. My favorite BF amp is the 1964 Fender Super Reverb. I just sent in a stock Blackface to be converted to the AA763 Super Reverb circuit. The good news is it is just a base mod so it won't be too costly. Can't wait to hear the magic Rob comes up with. I hope it doesn't overlap too much with the Vybe Deluxe's Vybe setting which is also a great Fender clean tone.

I don't think this circuit has been done before in MTS. If you know differently, let me know.

Big Steve said:
I don't think this circuit has been done before in MTS. If you know differently, let me know.
All I know can say is that Gigamods has a sweet blackface mod, and the KH1 is also in the BF. In relation to the Super Reverb I know not.

This one is finished and on its way back. I got a fog lifter as well. Should be in for some fun.
:twisted:

Got the mod yesterday. I had a chance to play it at a pretty loud home volume today. It sounded great. I am going to do some experimentation with tubes tomorrow, but it is a better than expected. Rob did another great job for me on this one.

I also got a Foglifter which I will be installing tomorrow.

Big Steve said:
Got the mod yesterday. I had a chance to play it at a pretty loud home volume today. It sounded great. I am going to do some experimentation with tubes tomorrow, but it is a better than expected. Rob did another great job for me on this one.

I also got a Foglifter which I will be installing tomorrow.
Glad you like it Steve! I thought it came out great as well and it was a cool departure from just a standard base mod (a little extra special sauce). Some of those NOS tubes in your collection will certainly compliment it well.

Enjoy!
Rob