Snakebite?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what all the buzz around the snakebite is? I hear its great very brutal and gainy but I am absolutely in love with the JF UltraLead it is the most brutal high gain rhythm module ive ever had it kicked the mighty salvo Angel B right out of the house almost as soon as the UL arrived... Its great for smooth leads too but i really have a hard time finding any way to improve on the UL. Its super tight and the low end is amazing!
Somebody set me straight as to why i need a snakebite!
-mp-

I'm guessing they're two different monsters. The Snakebite is a "refined" recto tone. It's probably up to your personal taste. I own the UL and it's great, didn't kick the Angel out of bed as I found them different enough to hold onto both. If the Snakebite was available when I got my Erect, I probably would have gone for that.

Hmm I love my erect, it does alll the recto i could ever use i think.. but if the snakebite can do it heavier but remain articulate I might just grab one. My biggest thing that I love about the UL is the tight beefy low end and thats what im really wondering about the snakebite, can it compete with the UL as far as that killer low end? and Ive got a JCM 2000 TSL 100 that i just put a down payment on so ive gotta pay that off then i have a vybe deluxe and a silverado then maybe a snakebite..
-mp-

There's nothing quite like the Snakebite out there, trust me. The initial feedback and the responses of those who played one at the amp shows was a lot of dropped jaws.

Refined Recto is one way to describe it, but it's so much more. So good there's going to be a special announcement about it shortly.

You have been warned. :twisted:

Platinum snakebite? I have no friggin donors either... oh well im happy with my UL so ill stick to my plan pat off the TSL and get a Vybe Deluxe and a Silverado...
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
Platinum snakebite? I have no friggin donors either... oh well im happy with my UL so ill stick to my plan pat off the TSL and get a Vybe Deluxe and a Silverado...
-mp-
Maybe...

Hey you can always have that TSL sent here to turn it into a flame thrower! I have JCM900 on the bench right now.

It's a mean *** sounding module... and if the limited edition is modeled to look like mine, it's bad *** looking too :twisted:

Jaded Faith said:
zepplin490 said:
-mp-
Maybe...

Hey you can always have that TSL sent here to turn it into a flame thrower! I have JCM900 on the bench right now.

REALLY???

Rob, I'm thinking of two words right now

Any guesses?

Your Daddy

Big Daddy said:
Jaded Faith said:
zepplin490 said:
-mp-
Maybe...

REALLY???

Rob, I'm thinking of two words right now

Any guesses?

Your Daddy

Do it!

I'm thinking of sending in my 20th Shiva after some modules and bills get paid.

Rob is the shiznit!

NewPicture1_zps5b4723e7.png

Ain't she a peach? :evil:

drewiv said:

Rob is the shiznit!

You thinking of sending your 20th Shiva in for mods or to have a module made to cop the tones? If the former, what mods are you thinking would improve it? If the later, let me quote a wise man and say, "Do it!". :D

speed2dirt said:
drewiv said:

Rob is the shiznit!

You thinking of sending your 20th Shiva in for mods or to have a module made to cop the tones? If the former, what mods are you thinking would improve it? If the later, let me quote a wise man and say, "Do it!". :D

No, not for Snakebite tone. Rob has done some things to a Shiva that I've heard are pretty good.

speed2dirt said:
drewiv said:

Rob is the shiznit!

Drew and I were discussing actually modding the Bogner, not cloning it. I just did one for my artist Nick while he waited (over a pizza and a few beers) one night and here is what he had to say about it:

I did wind up selling the Shiva, but it really had nothing to do with what Rob did or didn't achieve while modding it.

The process was awesome - to be able to tweak each component in real-time, and Rob showed me how small changes in values could add up to very noticeable tonal differences. I wanted more gain, he gave me more gain. I wanted more bottom, he gave me more bottom. More clarity? Gave me that too!

At the end of the day, I sold it merely because I had two high gain heads, and just favored my XTC for gigging. (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). That, and I got a baby on the way, and could use the extra cash.

But I gotta say this - and Rob, I'm not just blowing smoke up your *** - you truly are a master craftsmen. It was inspiring to watch you work, and to have you explain each mod as you did it was killer. That mod session was worth it's weight in gold alone, for the knowledge and understanding that I've gained.