Mark X

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
I had a session today and it was a samba thing with some LA pros who sent me a file and wanted a "Rock style solo." I played a couple of solos and sent it back and the producer was knocked out by the Santana-like tone. I hadn't even thought about it, but I was using the Mark X for the solo.
I never owned a Mesa or gave much thought to sounding like Carlos on the tune, but it jumped out at them and after listening again I realized that it did nail that tone perfectly.
Rob, once again your work is amazing! I have yet to order a mod from you that doesn't just hit a home run!
rick

Glad I could help Rick! The Mark X is one of those simpler modules I tend to forget about until I build one again (like the SL-OD100 and RVerb). Then my ears perk up and a big smile cracks my face.

I always forget how good the Mark X is. It sits on the shelf for a while and then when I listen to some petrucci or Santana out she comes again.
Always blows me away with its lead tones.

I gotta jump on this love wagon, the mark x has been at the top of my list since it arrived a couple years back. The revision only made it better. Stunning tone to me, rhythm and lead tones.

I've always used the "dark" side of the Mark X for Metallica and heavy stuff but have actually been trying to explore the light/Santana side of things with this module lately.

I'd like to get a circa 2000 Santana ("smooth") or Phish "heavy things" type mesa sound.

You guys have any settings or tips to share?