California Overdrive?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ziggy!!

Reaction score
Is this module actually in production yet? Can anyone give the skinny on it? I've seen the NAMM video but it is pretty hard to get an idea of what it sounds like given the noise. I heard words like dumble & mesa mentioned... I wonder how the tone compares to the lead sound of a fuchs ODS...

I have a fuchs ODS head on the way.... if anyone gets the module and is near philly let me know and we can compare the two! :)

right now I am tossing up between a MOD 50 or an ODS 30... its a hard choice. :?

Thats why I posed the question... maybe the COD will kill two birds with one stone... as they say. :)

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you do get a chance to compare them. Particularly on the feel of the two... I love the way Fuchs amps can be caressed into overdrive just by picking dynamics...

Hehe yeah I'm excited! Andy picked up a pretty busted up Music Man 65 head off of eBay and scrapped half the parts and installed all new ones! He is also having mojotone (I think?) retolex/regrill the amp! He's adding the tube preamp section and replacing all the tubes in the head too! In addition to that he's doing the regular ODS mod of course! $1,600.... kinda steep but I sold an amp and a guitar and now I only need to cover like $600 more! :lol: Anyone near Philly want to pick up an MTS cab??? :wink: The Fuchs should be amazing, my friend in Jersey has FOUR of them! :shock: :!: