Snakebite after honeymoon

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
After owning this beast a while, I've gotten the chance to a/b it and play it with most of the other mods and it is just such a great high gainer, I think it's dethroning a couple of my fav's. Percussive, clear, grinding, brutally thick, high gain tone that just feels right to jam on. It fits so many bills for the heavy styles I tend to play. I have to say its gonna make some other mods and amps collect dust for a while.

I hear ya brother!

This module exceeded my expectations in so many ways, and I had high expectations to begin with! LOL

LoD21 made a comment that I think sums it up well, it very "balanced". Between the switches and Freq knob you can completely contour and shape the sound of your distortion to be anything from scooped and buzzy, to thick and creamy and ALL of the variations sound GREAT!

For the better part of a year I was most partial to my Custom JF Recto that he totally tricked out and puched to the limit. I ran it up against other Rectos, a couple of Mamba SEs, a Gigmods Recto, a JF UltraLead and other assorted modules by various modders, as well as a few cherry stockers and my JF Custom Retco always seemed to edge the competition. In fairness my JF Custom Recto was deliberately tuned to my liking, so no wonder it always won :p LOL

Then we started work on the Snakebite. There were a couple of things I had hoped to improve on from my Recto, but I had no idea that Rob would create a module that would address those few minor issues and upgrade things that I didn't even realize needed tweaking!

The Snakebite is a masterpiece of High Gain Brutality! It can go dry and percussive all the way to thick, saturated guitarmageddon :p Truly a one of a kind in the world of MTS

I love my Snakebite!

Thanks again, Rob!

You nailed it on this one :)

H

Yeah, I would have to agree. Since I've gotten the Snakebite, my other high gain mods just collect dust. I'm totally in love with this thing, it's the sound I've heard in my head for a long time.

WoW guys you guys are basically turning into my own personal G.A.S. Pump! Ive heard so much good stuff about this apparent beast that its in my head now ive gotta have one.. And I just read that robs putting out a 15 module run of snakebite platinums???!!! jeus f'n christ ive gotta get some cash together quickly not necessarily for a platinum but ive got major painful gas for this module hardcore I was playing my holy grail high gain tone the UltraLead yesterday and for the first time I actually heard a few small ways that it could get better! So now im on a mission snakebite,Silverado,Vybe Deluxe!
-mp-