Public Service Announcement for all RM1250 owners

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
Last Friday while loading out for the NY Amp Show, it occurred to me that I had not upgraded my RM1250's with Foglifters. Since it was a new product that needed to be exposed, it made sense to stop and mod both really quickly.

I made and interesting discovery once inside. There was a mistake in the assembly of the RM1250 Presence/Density PCB's that seems to impact every one of them (I have 3 and it was present in all). The Presence and Density pots are switched, meaning the pot in the Presence position should be in the Density spot and vice-versa. The schematic shows the design to be correct, it was an oversight in assembly and QC.

This has a HUGE impact on the tone and feel of the power section and completely explains the complaints folks have had about it. Even without a Foglifter, simply swapping these two pots is a massive improvement that was startling when A/B-ing them.

I did not design a Foglifter for the RM1250 because the demand wouldn't justify producing them. I can certainly upgrade and correct your existing PCB's and have them sent back the same day they arrive. Email if interested.

Rob, I am assuming that the density pot would be 1M on the RM1250 like the other Randall products? That matches up with my RM1250. Presence is 25K? I don't want to do a flip without confirmation.

Hey Rob,

Any chance you can clue me in on the value that should be in each position? What does the schematic say? I'm not sure my amp has the pots in the wrong position. Prior to me swapping them I would prefer to verify. thanks

Sorry I missed your question, I never check these sticky posts.

If you have a 1M in the Density and a 25K in the presence it's correct factory spec. I just did a Foglifter mod to a pair of RM1250 boards for a forum member yesterday. One was good, the other backwards.