Jaded Faith Metal Amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
So if rob were to basically create a 2-channel metal amp, Id imagine this is what the amp would be, every aspect is modded JadedFaith. After many module swaps, and playing this amp for a few months after leaving Robs magic shop, it's spot of for me!

-RM50 head:
with the front-end tuned
Adjustable FX loop mod
Foglifter mod
Tung-sol 5881 power tubes, NOS JAN 5751 PI, JJ v1/v2
-Superclean:
stays perfectly clean, great balanced EQ, takes pedals well, and can hang in volume with the gain module without weird balancing on power or pre side. Just a beautiful, un-compromised clean.
-XMG+
Ive seen many flip theirs, but I love the hell outa this modules tone, it took tweaking to the "+" from the original I had but does this thing sound full, and extremely brutal but still has an openness to it that tube amps have. The scooped side with the eq all pushed, and the 2nd tightness engaged is pure heavy metal bliss. (I love the snakebite and markX also, but with this setup and the XMG being super quiet, it fits perfectly with this amp setup.) Robs own design, so technically its kinda like his modern metal channel. It crushes, great low-end, smooth high-end, mids are full and balanced.

This amp stays quiet, takes all my pedals well, and sounds superb through many of my cabs. Im on a journey trying to find which modules play best together with which of my heads. Trying to really find "the amp" (from modules) and have a couple subs for different flavors.

Note: I have the FX loop jumped and almost maxed out, it added some nice compression to the open-ness of the XMG, and made the super clean really shimmer.

I would slap a JF Snakebite in there for the XMG+ as ive owned both and after having it for probably 4 months I decided to try a JF UltraLead which ruled the roost for probably 6 months, absolutely the most mean module out there at that time with that razor low end and just a monster all around. But after selling my UL, I saw the ad for the snakebite which you will probably never see for a long time as it is the denotative High Gain module in all of MTS.. Love your Choice of the SuperClean I myself have one that hasnt been out of its slot in my RM4 since i got it, Killer cleans!
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
I would slap a JF Snakebite in there for the XMG+ as ive owned both and after having it for probably 4 months I decided to try a JF UltraLead which ruled the roost for probably 6 months, absolutely the most mean module out there at that time with that razor low end and just a monster all around. But after selling my UL, I saw the ad for the snakebite which you will probably never see for a long time as it is the denotative High Gain module in all of MTS..
-mp-

Before I ask I'll say I have a Snakebite on order myself...The buzz is insane...Gotta try it for sure...

What makes it the "denotative" high gainer in all of MTS though? "All of MTS" is a big statement...I've had a lot of high gainers and though many have stood out, there has never been one to steal the whole show...The hype of this module is beyond anything I've seen before here...If it delivers half, I should be happy!

Mattfig said:
The hype of this module is beyond anything I've seen before here...If it delivers half, I should be happy!

I plan on buying Matt Page's Snakebite when he sells all his amps and gets an AXE FX II next week.

You'll be waiting quite a while marcoR im re-loading and reducing at the same time less rm50's more RM4's and possibly another RM100, and of course some new mods.. the vybe deluxe and the Silverado are tops on my list. Ive already got something that easily keeps up with AxeFx and IMHO beats axe as it has a feel that no other modelers have, the product is the eleven rack!
-mp-
So ive got all the digital i need and after thinning my MTS herd ill be back buying some more modules!
There is one thing that might derail all of this though and thats if i can find a 6506+ somewhere for under $450, Just tried one for about 3 hours at my preferred guitar shop today...:)
-

zepplin490 said:
You'll be waiting quite a while marcoR im re-loading and reducing at the same time less rm50's more RM4's and possibly another RM100, and of course some new mods.. the vybe deluxe and the Silverado are tops on my list. Ive already got something that easily keeps up with AxeFx and IMHO beats axe as it has a feel that no other modelers have, the product is the eleven rack!
-mp-
So ive got all the digital i need and after thinning my MTS herd ill be back buying some more modules!
There is one thing that might derail all of this though and thats if i can find a 6506+ somewhere for under $450, Just tried one for about 3 hours at my preferred guitar shop today...:)
-

I enjoy living vicariously through your gear endeavors.

Mattfig said:
Before I ask I'll say I have a Snakebite on order myself...The buzz is insane...Gotta try it for sure...

What makes it the "denotative" high gainer in all of MTS though? "All of MTS" is a big statement...I've had a lot of high gainers and though many have stood out, there has never been one to steal the whole show...The hype of this module is beyond anything I've seen before here...If it delivers half, I should be happy!

Too bad you were busy when we invited you for Barbeque and Tone tasting!

I'm tellin' ya bro... this is THE module!

Let us know what you think when you get it

H

No offense, but the whole idea of the post was because these are both Robs own designs, not copies of stuff already out there, I own a snakebite and its great. But it's a Framus cobra type of mod. Just clearing that up.
I love the snakebite alot also BTW