Changing channels on RM100 using my boss GT8/midi

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinasl1

Reaction score
Hi all- I seem to be having no luck changing channels on my RM100, using My Boss GT8 as a midi controller.. Trying to get my GT8 to talk to it. Any ideas? The Randall footswitch works fine, so I know everything is cool with the head.

Are they both operating on the same MIDI channel?

My RM4 and RM100 shipped from Randall on different channels... I believe one shipped on 1, another shipped on 16. Anyway, in the MIDI setup options for the GT8, look for the MIDI transmit channel. Try 1, try 16, try all the numbers in between. Or (if the GT8 supports it) try OMNI, which sends program change information on channels 1-16 simultaneously.

--B

tried every channel and omni, no luck. I also have RM4, and the GT8 switches it, no problem. Any other ideas?

The head does respond to the Randall footswitch, so I know it's not broken...

Also, out of curiosity, where do you have your input, output knob, and send and return levels set on your GT8?

Thanks for your help...

sinasl1 said:
assuming you have a gt8...

I had a GT8 (also a GT6), returned it within the 45-day return period because I thought it sucked tone/feel too bad... I realized really quickly that I liked the sound of the guitar plugged straight into the RM4 than anything else. But that's a long story... but the point being I no longer have my GT8 and can't remember where I had the level controls set.

That's really strange that the GT8 will switch the RM4 but not the RM100, yet the Randall switch will control the RM100... just to verify, though, you are changing the Boss' MIDI transmit channel instead of MIDI receive channel, correct? (sadly, that's the only thing I can think of now... maybe I'll do better with some coffee in the morning)

--B

I was playing at church last weekend and I found that after I set up everything my ground control would not switch to channel 1 on my RM100C. Instead, it would default to channel 3. So basically I had 2 foot switches to switch to channel 3. Very frustrating. Anyways, I got home and took the amp apart to see if maybe s dip switched had changed positions when Im oved my amp or something... Then after all that mess I read the manual. :) I had to reprogram that channel on my amp. I'm not sure if thats your problem, but if it works on your RM4 then it should work on your combo. Try this:

1. Press the button on your GT8 that corresponds to a specific channel.

2. Select that channel on your amp .

3. Press and hold the channel select button on your amp for 2 seconds.

Then try it and see if that works.
...it might not be your problem, but its worth a try.
Cody

Can anyone please describe where this switch is, how you access it, etc? I recieved an RM100C today and I can't change from one module to another (with either the included footswitch or another midi footswitch set to send changes over channel 16). Any help would be much appreciated.

Can anyone please describe where this switch is, how you access it, etc? I recieved an RM100C today and I can't change from one module to another (with either the included footswitch or another midi footswitch set to send changes over channel 16). Any help would be much appreciated.