SG Numbskull

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speed2dirt

Reaction score
Who has the SG Numbskull? I know Big Daddy and LoD posted about the Numbskull in the Afterlife/CC30 thread. I'm not sure if that was in the prototyping phase or if it was actually completed and a few were produced. Really curious to hear feedback on Scott's take of a Rivera Knucklehead. If anyone has pics, I'd love to see what it looks like too! :wink:

Just think Matt... when that whole man love gig is up you can always fall back on the comedy routine.

needtopractice said:
Mattfig said:
dcg8 said:
Does anybody have a recent update on Scott's status? :shock:

Last I heard he bought a Line 6 POD and finally found the tone he was looking for...

If its a first gen pod i can totally see that. :lol:

Don't be crazy....Scott knows tone...He went POD 2.0 and got the USB cable to plug into his Little Owl computer.
:D

Mattfig said:
....Scott knows tone...

Don't let his (hopeful) hiatus kid you. Scott. Knows. Tone.

I know he's busy living and his comeback might be questionable at this point, but I'm glad he did what he did for me. At this point, I believe, I have his ONLY four dual channel mods. I'm guessing he'll be back, in some capacity, but I'm hoping it's in full force. Scott, if you read this, hope you're well. I feel odd posting on your Facebook.

Rumour is that Fig gave Scott some tips on where Jimmy Hoffa might be and and Scott is busy on the hunt. Makes for some great breaking news around here.

JD said:
Rumour is that Fig gave Scott some tips on where Jimmy Hoffa might be and and Scott is busy on the hunt. Makes for some great breaking news around here.

I can help save a ton of time and resources on a field search...Jimmy Hoffa took an acid bath!

Yo Speed,

As you guys have already figured out, The Numbskull is Scott's take on the POD 2.0. I was looking for something that sounds much, much worse than a POD 2.0 and Scott NAILED it with this module... JUST KIDDING! LOL

The Numbskull is Scott's take on a Rivera Knucklehead. Sorry I don't have any picture to upload at this time, I'll see if I can't snap one this weekend for you guys.

We had the opportunity some time ago to hear Scott's Numbskull and Afterlife. I thought both had some really cool things about them, but leaned more toward the Numbksull, while LoD21 leaned more toward the Afterlife. Since we couldn't make a life and death decision on which one was superior, we got both :p

In specific, the Numbskull is very aggressive and has a very interesting, razor sharp, cutting, upper mid and high end structure. The gain is adequate and accentuated by way Scott chose to voice the the upper mids and high end. IE: It sounds like it has more gain than it does. I only mention this because I am a gain head. I have worked the most with Rob and have had him push gain and saturation to ridiculous limits - see; Snakebite :p Some of the gain we perceive is kind of trickery via the tone stack and eq voicing. Scott's stuff, like Rob's, Anthony's, Pete's, etc... has it's own character which makes it unique. I'm sure Scott's legion of fans will LOVE this module.

The lows are so aundant it borders on obscene :p LOL It can get super tight, I just have to run the lows way lower on my Numbskull than any other module I have. Doesn't really matter to me, it works so I'm happy... I think this will be popular with guys that have smaller amps and combos. When I put some of my favorite modules in my buddy's Lynchbox combo I feel like I need more low end and there isn't a whole lot left.

Where I think this module fits in the scheme of things is with the guys looking for that 5150 tone. The dry, cutting, Numetal (Ola Englund) that really cuts through the mix. Obviously, I you're a Rivera fan, this is the only Rivera module out there and, in my opinion, it definitely represents the Knucklehead faithfully if you're using the right combination of tubes to compliment it's ferocious disposition.

Overall, I love mine. It's a fun change of pace from the modules I normally use and is definitely worth investigating

Hope that's what you were looking for :)

Keep the Faith

H

Latest posts