Mods I still have to try

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I probably won't have a chance to hear these until the LA Amp Show in October, but here's what I'm looking forward to:
1. Snakebite
2. GrailTone
3. Silverado
4. Wrecked
5. Vybe Deluxe (I did hear this last year, but didn't give it the time it deserves.)

I will be ordering Foglifters for my RM50s very soon.
I'll be trying out my new Railhammer pickups this weekend.
After that I can take the amps apart to find out which kind
of connectors I have and order the right Foglifter models.

Happy 4th MTSland!

audiomidijace said:
JayDA said:
Got em' all....and you need a Vybe....seriously, it's outstanding.

You've got all 5 of those? :shock:
Other than the Vybe, can you compare them to any previous known modules?

No, jace, no. It is truly in a league of its own. It's clean and spongy. Like nothing you've ever heard in mts. There really is no comparison, good or bad. I love mine, Blues jam special. Gets tons of compliments along with my custom Tweed in my MOD50 combo. All the vintage boys want to know what's coming from that superstrat and weird combo.

drewiv said:
audiomidijace said:
JayDA said:

No, jace, no. It is truly in a league of its own. It's clean and spongy. Like nothing you've ever heard in mts. There really is no comparison, good or bad. I love mine, Blues jam special. Gets tons of compliments along with my custom Tweed in my MOD50 combo. All the vintage boys want to know what's coming from that superstrat and weird combo.

Read that wrong, but you get what I'm saying on the Vybe.

C'mon man!

How do you have 2 Voxless' and no Rverb???

Where's the love???

Why all the RVerb discrinination??? Can he help it he was born orange?

Seriously guys, I'm ashamed! LOL

H

Love the Rverb. Gorgeous Brit Tonez.

95bf2941.jpg

I do have the Grailtone. A dual channel version. It is VHII all the way. I have another mod that is more Fair Warning. Similar, but pick your poison. The Grailtone is awesome, less chewy than the other mod, but does what it does very well. Enjoyable and does EVH proud.

917c31ebc990d466c06aa578170135bb_zps2b190ae7.jpg

drewiv said:
I do have the Grailtone. A dual channel version. It is VHII all the way. I have another mod that is more Fair Warning. Similar, but pick your poison. The Grailtone is awesome, less chewy than the other mod, but does what it does very well. Enjoyable and does EVH proud.

917c31ebc990d466c06aa578170135bb_zps2b190ae7.jpg

Curious what that other more chewy mod is. Dig me some chewy Marshally tones.

Big Daddy said:
C'mon man!

How do you have 2 Voxless' and no Rverb???

Where's the love???

Why all the RVerb discrinination??? Can he help it he was born orange?

Seriously guys, I'm ashamed! LOL

H

If that was for me, I actually JUST traded the Rverb for a '59RR Custom. As much as I loved the Rverb, the '59RR was a better fit for my needs. It complements the Voxless in my 2nd channel much better.

audiomidijace said:
JayDA said:

Yeah, I just got the Wrecked and Silverado last week. Really haven't had a chance to spend more then an hour or two with each at any kind of volume, got caught up in holiday weekend crap. The Grailtone is on my list, it's one of the last JF mods I don't have.

The Silverado is really cool, the two switches and volumes really work well at getting multiple gain levels out of one mod. I can't exactly put my finger on what makes it different then every other Marshall mod...obviously the diode clipping. It's just a really great "in your face" thick sound that kills. It's not the same as my 59RR Plat, that's for sure.

The Snakebite is THE king of high gain mods, and I've had A LOT of them. Not sure if high gain rhythm playing is your thing, but if it is...you need one.

But the Vybe is just something else, it's the "feel" of if, like Drew said...spongy. The notes just seem to have this "sag" and kind of jump out at you, especially with single coils.

The Wrecked I'm still figuring out, it likes to be played LOUD, and sounds best to my ears with the volume all the way up. The gain switch helps, but it's not the same as cranking it...it really opens up at higher levels. I've never played a real TrainWreck, so I can't comment as to it's authenticity, but it's definitely a different flavor.