RH150G3 and R212NXT Cabinet

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPulido

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just bought the RH150G3 with the Randall R212NXT. Just had a couple of quick questions. I have been playng for 24 years this is my first head/cab rig. Always owned combo style amps.

One of my questions is that the cabinet has a mono and stereo input. My assumption is that I should connect to the mono input from the RH150. Would this be correct?

Does anyone here have the same rig or at least has experience with the 212NXT cab? What's your general impression of the cab?

My concern right now is that the head has pretty bad hum. This even with the volume at 1. Right off the bat this has me disenchanted with the amp. Most amps have some level of hiss or hum but in my experience never at low volumes.

I read a couple of reviews here and see that the noise issue is a common thread with these amps.

if I read correctly, it seems that most complain about the issue but at volumes higher than 4 or 5. Should I be worried mine is at lower volume? Maybe I should return it now?

I tested the floor model at a store and it had a hiss at above 5 in both Gain1 and Gain 2 but it wasnt to terrible. I'm comming from a Peavey XXL 100watt amp that is very quiet even at full blast.

Any ideas, opinions or comments are wlcome.

Thanks,

JP

This morning I connected my boss BCB-60 pedal board to the effects loop of my "RH150G3" the only pedals I would use are my DD-3 delay, Chorus Ensemble, MXR Phase 90 and the GE-7 Equalizer.

The effects loop in the RH150 has to be the worst I have ever used in my life. The sound comming out is very dirty and non of these effects I mean none come out sounding clear.

The delay comes out very distorted not reproducing the original signal with clarity. The phase 90 sounds like crap and so does the chorus. Now I'm deffinately ready to return this amp.

Unless Randall techs can help me figure this out I will return this amp. I've played, Peavey, Marshall and Fender amps and none gave me the issues this amp has given me in less than one day.

Can you tell I'm frustrated.

JP