Rverb

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the #1 "I wasn't expecting that!" module in every trade show booth we do! You used that on the Holiday Demo last year, no?

I am repeating myself here, but the Rverb is also my favorite. I don't have a ton of use for it, but when something calls for that tone, I am ecstatic. I use the Dumble the most consistently and it would be my second fave. But for the most unique cool tone it is the Rverb. There is just something totally cool about it....just the right amount of break up at the right time with this wonderful slight squish. So feel free to ask me how I feel about it....

FINALLY!

Its about time someone on here helps spread the RVerb LOVE! LOL

I am a metal guy who LOVES gain, but more importantly loves tonal balance. I have a killer JF Custom Recto - "The Mamba Killer" - A Mamba SE and I commissioned and assited in R&D, along with Rob and others, the Snakebite, but my RVerb is one of my absolute favorite modules!

Some amps need the gain cranked to have personality, because that's all they are, High Gain amps. The RVerb has a very unique tonality that ranges from phenominal cleans to thick warm saturation across a spectrum larger than any other module I have played. The cleans rival the best and most famouse clean modules, but this module can keep up with the high gainers because of it unique EQ structure on amazing tonal versatility.

I could easily play metal with the gain pegged and still get plenty of compliments on my tone. It has a focus and depth that is all it's own and is very friendly to picky ears.

While there is plenty of gain on tap, I love to take the gain back to about three o'clock, dial in those sweet warm mids, add a little thump with the lows, finish it all off with some sweet, crisp highs and play Soudgarden tunes for hours :p

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it has this vintage sound to it that makes it what it is and what it is is fun to play and great to listen to :)

I can't believe more people haven't gotten ahold of this hidden gem. Rob is right, if I hadn't had the opportunity to play one, I NEVER would have thought to try it. I am SO glad that I twisted LoD21's arm to put it in the amp when he was like "Orange? Who wants an Orange module?" ME!!! I DO!!! LOL

Keep the Faith!

RVerb lovers UNITE!!! LOL

H

+1

The RVerb is definitely a module worth checking out. As already mentioned, it has a very balanced tone. Sounds great right out of the box. You know, the kind where you set the knobs at noon, plug in, and simply say "Yeah, that sounds good." No unpleasing characteristics to speak of. I bonded with the module at once.

The RVerb has surprisingly nice cleans and a gain structure that can get you that "80s modded Marshall" tone yet with its own vintage vibe that sets it apart from the usual Marshall inspired tone. Indeed, the RVerb has a unique character that will complement your Marshall-esque modules. Takes pedals well, too. I typically like to boost my modules for getting those over-the-top lead tones.

If you are ordering an RVerb from Rob, I'd recommend adding a mid-sweep knob to the module. I was fortunate enough to have one on the RVerb I recently acquired in a trade, and it's really cool. It allows you to push the mids forward in a subtle and interesting way. In some ways, I think of it as a "vintage character" knob that makes the tone less scooped and hence less modern. A mid-shift switch basically does the same thing, but the knob obviously allows you more flexibility in finding that sweet spot.

I really want to try one of these. Been debating using my dual donor for a dual Rverb but I have been hesitant to commit. I feel a bit of pressure to to use that board for something I am positive I will love and keep and having not tried one....just don't know.

BTW metal soup, how is the San Dim as?

That guitar really rocks!

I had a little dressing done on the frets and a setup by Jerry at Luxxtone Guitars, and it's basically perfect now. Everyone at the shop was quite impressed with the unique color as well. Quite the winner!

For those in the So Cal area, Jerry does top notch work! I've had several guitars worked on by him over the years and am always blown away by the quality of the work.

I havent used the Rverb, but I had a Rockerverb 50 for a couple of years and that amp SMOKED. Loved it.....sold it to come to MTS knowing that I would order an Rverb module at some point. I got the XTC first, but the Rverb will be next.

What power tubes does everyone use with their RVerb? I'm leaning towards KT77 for a bigger EL34 tone, but would like some first hand opinions.