Trade to Demo??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
So I have been thinking about this since I got into the MTS world a few months ago. There are a ton of modules out there a lot of us would like to try, but buying and selling can get costly over time.
I had an idea where perhaps we could engage a trusted moderator to hold a security payment from each party until both pieces are returned, but instead of going down that road I am wondering who would want to do some trading with the purpose of a short demo period on the honor system. I have done a permanent trade on guitars before and did a trade with someone for pickups where we both tried the pickups then returned at an agreed time. When we post trades in the Classifieds its pretty much a trusted deal that each party will send their gear...why couldn't it work if we agree to return on an agreed date. We have a fairly small community here and future dealings all hinge on reputation.
I don't gig so I have no particular attachment to anything. So here is the list I could offer up:
JF Silverado
JF Snakebite
JF QuickMod
JF SL-OD100
JF XTC SE
JF Trilogy
Egnater SL2
Egnater VX (Rob actually has it, but if needed I could get it back in play)

Thoughts?

I have thought about this as well. I would only do with this with someone that I trust and possibly have done business with in the past. If the transaction is also laid out in public on a thread like this, your e-cred can either be upheld or downgraded as the situation plays out.

With that being said, I want to try a Silverado! The only thing I have that I don't see in your thread is a Mash-all+.

My JF Brahma doesn't leave the RM100.

I haven't been around here long but I am a member on MLP TGP and Rigtalk with references there. I agree putting it out here is probably a good idea. I figured there would be interest in my Silverado and Snakebite since they are newer modules.

nitrous12 said:
I haven't been around here long but I am a member on MLP TGP and Rigtalk with references there. I agree putting it out here is probably a good idea. I figured there would be interest in my Silverado and Snakebite since they are newer modules.

Well it's out there. If you want to try a Mashall+, I want to try the Silverado.

I am down for that. I am thinking I should be able to ship on Monday, but I need to confirm some scheduling at work before I can commit to that on my end.
I just got the Silverado and will have my first chance to crank it and use it with a bass player and drummer tonight. I like it so far and I am always interested in Marshall tones!

nitrous12 said:
I am down for that. I am thinking I should be able to ship on Monday, but I need to confirm some scheduling at work before I can commit to that on my end.
I just got the Silverado and will have my first chance to crank it and use it with a bass player and drummer tonight. I like it so far and I am always interested in Marshall tones!

OK. I can ship on Monday as well. PM me your addy and email address and we can work out the details that way.

Rock.

Eyeball and I are trading for a week or so. I shipped my Silverado out today and he should be doing the same with his Mashall +

I have one other person that contacted me that might want to check out two of mine for two of his.
I thought maybe more people would want to jump in on this. It doesn't have to be just with me as I may not have anything some of you want to check out. If interested throw it out as to what you would send out and what you are looking to try.
I would love to see people help out in this way and obviously take advantage wherever I can.

I would be up for this if its someone ive done business with in the past which is with just about all of you reliable dudes on this forum ive got a Snakebite, JF XTC SE, and a SuperClean. I also have a Vybe Deluxe and would give it up for a week only to try out a silverado, or possibly a salvation Salvado Deluxe..
-Matt Page-

zepplin490 said:
I would be up for this if its someone ive done business with in the past which is with just about all of you reliable dudes on this forum ive got a Snakebite, JF XTC SE, and a SuperClean. I also have a Vybe Deluxe and would give it up for a week only to try out a silverado, or possibly a salvation Salvado Deluxe..
-Matt Page-

Matt...my offer of the Silverado for the Vybe Deluxe stands. Can't do it until end of Aug though cuz Steve will have it a week and I think the other person that reached out to me was interested in it next.

nitrous12 said:
zepplin490 said:
-Matt Page-

Matt...my offer of the Silverado for the Vybe Deluxe stands. Can't do it until end of Aug though cuz Steve will have it a week and I think the other person that reached out to me was interested in it next.

The Vybe Deluxe is another one I really want to try. I don't have the modules you are looking for though.

FYI...we have returned each others modules. Great transaction and I know I appreciated trying the Mashall +

Putting this out as a public record of sorts.

I am doing a trade to demo with scary groove. We have agreed to ship via USPS Priorty today 8/29.
I have sent my JF QuickMod and he is sending his Salvation Camerock.
Tubes are pulled and left out for shipping, which will be done both ways.

We have not nailed down a return date, but will do that closer to the end of a one week period.

Looking forward to trying another module.

Peace,
Pete

This is REALLY cool, guys! If my M4 was here, I'd be willing to do some demoing... but I'm basically ampless at the moment... :cry: :lol:

Sent scary groove his Camerock back today and included my Silverado as well for a demo.
He is sending back my Quick mod and his 59rr for me to try.

Nitrous12 and I did the first trade to demo. I am looking to try some other things. A Vybe Deluxe being one. Camerock another.

I have a Mashall+or JF Mr. Scary to swap out for a week or so. Any takers?

Feel free to offer up anything else as well. Thanks.

Hey. Pete and I did one module trade. Now we are in the middle of another. He is a very stand up guy. Things have gone great. Do not hesitate to swap with him.

I have found this to be an awesome idea. I tried the QuickMod and really struggled to get it sounding to my liking. I tried his Silverado and it was instantly a great module.

If you have been thinking about a temporary swap, you might want to give it a shot.

Cheers
Jack

scary groove said:
Hey. Pete and I did one module trade. Now we are in the middle of another. He is a very stand up guy. Things have gone great. Do not hesitate to swap with him.

I have found this to be an awesome idea. I tried the QuickMod and really struggled to get it sounding to my liking. I tried his Silverado and it was instantly a great module.

If you have been thinking about a temporary swap, you might want to give it a shot.

Cheers
Jack

Agreed. All 3 of us are stand up guys! I will pat myself on the back.

How did the Silverado compare to your 59RR? I am wondering if I might like one of those instead of the Mashall+. I like the Mashall but I love my JF Brahma and Mr. Scary.

eyeball987 said:
scary groove said:

Cheers
Jack

Agreed. All 3 of us are stand up guys! I will pat myself on the back.

How did the Silverado compare to your 59RR? I am wondering if I might like one of those instead of the Mashall+. I like the Mashall but I love my JF Brahma and Mr. Scary.

I have his 59rr and will comment on it when I can check it out. I also have a JF Brahma 39 on the way