Promise from Steven Baldwin April 11/07

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Steven Baldwin called today I was away from the phone and my wife took the call.

He promised that the remaining Lynch Box modules ( Brahma, Mr.Scary, Super V ) owing to me would be in my posession by the end of the month.
That will be about five months waiting time for delivery.

Hope it happens cuz I'm totally diggin the Lynch Box so far!
And I'm sure that Mr. Baldwin is getting tired of my ( though I'm not the only one making ) negative comments on this and other forums...

Khing

Everyone,

I wanted to reiderate the update that Steve gave you this week. We just returned from the Musik Messe in Germany and we're doing our best to finally catch up on all the module backorders, in particle the Lynch modules. The main delay, other than high demand, has been that we changed circuit board suppliers back in January and unfortunately the first batch of boards that we received had to be returned for a problem, so we missed a complete month of production.

With that said, we are expecting to produce around 1,600 modules within the next 3 weeks, which should get us caught up on most of the module backorders.

I know the Lynch Box owners have been waiting patiently for a while, so we're doing our best to produce and ship those first.

I just wanted to quickly fill you and let you know that Steve has been going to bat for you guys and that you shouldn't have to wait much longer.

Thanks,
RD/MAN

I really, really want a Super V...please post again when you expect these to be in regular stock at distributors/stores :D

I managed to snag me a Grail and Mr Scary already..cool modules!

RD/MAN
The Head Honcho

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:48 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone,

I wanted to reiderate the update that Steve gave you this week. We just returned from the Musik Messe in Germany and we're doing our best to finally catch up on all the module backorders, in particle the Lynch modules. The main delay, other than high demand, has been that we changed circuit board suppliers back in January and unfortunately the first batch of boards that we received had to be returned for a problem, so we missed a complete month of production.

With that said, we are expecting to produce around 1,600 modules within the next 3 weeks, which should get us caught up on most of the module backorders.

I know the Lynch Box owners have been waiting patiently for a while, so we're doing our best to produce and ship those first.

I just wanted to quickly fill you and let you know that Steve has been going to bat for you guys and that you shouldn't have to wait much longer.

Thanks,
RD/MAN

It's good and necassary of you to reply... when do you expect the modules to reach Canadian Customers?
Unfortunate that you had a bad batch of boards... certainly I appreciate Quality Control and unforseen manufacturing issues.

Khing

Khing,

You guys should get them only a day or 2 after the U.S. customers. We're filling both U.S. and Canada orders at the same time, so it should only be another 10-14 days for everyone.

I will keep everybody posted.

Thanks!!

Great News RD... Not the same deal, but are you guys doing anything about the bad glue???? I bought a head and the whole cover is coming off. It started peeling inside, and now its working its way to the top. I sent an email about a week ago, and still nothing. Will call, but thought you might have some info. Thanks!!!! Joe V

The glue issue is something Steven baldwin told me he would get back to me on... the modules have a higher priority it seems... thats good with me as long as the tolex glue issues get resolved.

Khing

Craig,
I just missed Steve Baldwin yesterday, would've liked to to talk to him personally about some Randall issues, since I'm really getting deep into the MTS gear now. Anyway, I heard the same thing. Stuff should be coming, but I got nothing yet :roll:

Craig,
Keep us posted. I really like to know how the mods work in your LB rig.
BTW any of your guitars got Screaming Demon pup? I'm looking for replacement pup for my LP. Used to own 2 Kamikazes back in the day, you would've love it, but they were the first production models, before the Screaming Demon, both those guitars sounded incredible, one of the few Strat-style guitars that actually sounded like a Les Paul.
T.

Yes I have a Screamin Demon in one of my guitars in the Bridge position... an LTD M350.

I'm a fan of GL's tone for sure... never owned a ESP GL Sig, though I like them I find myself getting other guitars instead.
I'm always in the marked for an ESP Serpant though.

The Screamin Demon is a very cool PU in many ways... it's not a high output PU like the Duncan Distortion. It's more like a modded P.A.F. Specifically modded in the low end and (very ) top end. Low end is tighter and better for crunch tone plus single note definition and the top is very cool for not sounding harsh or tinny and still getting that sig GL pinch harmonic vibe happening... it's a very unique top end! It also has excellent dynamics and responds well to rolling back your guitars volumn.

If you like GL's tone from Dokken then it's the SD Distortion... if you like GL's tone from Wicked Sensation or the self titled Lynch Mob then it's Screamin Demon all the way.

Khing

Thanks Craig. Looks like the Demon is the way to go then, I had SDDistortion once, hated it, but I used to be totally blown away by the Duncans that was used in the original Kamikazes that I owned. Those were the prototype that eventually became the Screaming Demon, which I never got a chance to hear.
BTW I'm seriously thinking about the LTD GL Flying V, I'll never get away with doing my jazz gigs with that :lol: but it's a real guilty pleasure, it's gonna be a mistress guitar for sure. The thing is loaded with Screaming Demon and Phat Cat, and it looks just like a medieval or Samurai weapon, can't go wrong with that.
T.

Your welcome... good luck with the Super V let me know how you like it.

I'm looking into a ESP Super V as we speak. It has the Super V pu in the bridge and phat cat in the neck... it will be the red one. At first I was not to taken by the Super V but now it has grown on me and I feel that it would better suit my style and needs than say a Kami or Tiger... still I love the Serpant. I have enough Floyd Rose equipped guitars for a while... LOL

Khing

Craig,
I'm not buying the Super V, that's about $3200 Canadian. The LTD version is what I'll likely get, it's about $1200 Canadian, with a Demon in the bridge, Phat Cat in the neck. I checked it out for about 5 min in a store, have to give it a proper test drive first. I bet you the difference btw the two is very minimal, although I wouldn't be surprised that the Super V has a better neck.
The body shape is looks pretty cool, although my initial reaction was like yours too. This is strictly a toy for me, not gonna get much use for it on my jazz gigs, but certainly be a great rock weapon!

how's it goin Craig, just thought Id stop by and say hello!
Good post bro, peace :)

Tung... I'd like to try out the LTD version myself but my interests lie mainly in the ESP version. For the most part I understand the LTD's are of very good quality ( I own one ) but I'm hankerin for the real thing and the Super V may be it. I'm strictly looking right now... I plan on making a move on that in the next year or so... this past year has been a good gear year so I feel very fortunate that way... however I have to set limits that are agreed upon with my wife!

Axeraven... hey bro how have ya been?! Good to see you around the MTS forum and the GL forum ofcoarse!

Khing

You're going for the real thing ,eh? :p If this was going to be my main guitar , I would drop $3 grand for it, no problem. But like I've said, it'll be my little guilty pleasure of a guitar, so the LTD'll do. Besides all the gear I'm getting lately, I gotta cut down on my GAS :wink: I'm also planning to buy another Les Paul, black Custom within the next year, yeah man, really got to cut down on GAS.
T.

I hear ya bro... LOL gotta cut down on the GAS... or my wife will do it for me... LOL... seriously tho she has been great!

Khing