I see why the XTC is an "everyone should try" modu

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlok

Reaction score
Got my JF XTC yesterday. Hadn't tried it till late today cause I **** near had heatstroke yesterday, fixed that with a dip in the pool only to get water in my ear canal which is now infected, followed by just a generally fucked night at work.. Bad times yesterday.

So hoping for a better today, I gave the XTC a run and I have to say, it's a pretty awesome module. I see the versatility for sure. I don't know how much low gain Plexi side I'll use (perfect for the beginning of Zep - Bring it on home..:), but everything on the RED/BLUE side is pretty amazing. Tone to me is very similar to my 59RR but just does it a bit better. I'm not good with explaining tones but the mids are very different than any mod I have. Very smooth and controlled. I guess now I understand what people mean by "creamy". If I dial them in similarly, the XTC just sounds better with the same amount of mids. With the Structure on, totally thick and focussed. The lows are tighter in the XTC too. And it has a bit more gain. All in all awesome for the hour I played it. Easy to dial in. Each setting starts where the last left off. Nice job Rob!!

I agree man. My first two modded modules were my JF SL-OD100 and JF XTC SE. Took a little longer with the XTC, but after some time I figured out how to dial in a great high gain tone. I won't say I am nailing AIC tones, but its in that vein and great for 90s stuff.
I haven't played mine in a while as I have had some other new stuff come in. Need to get that bad boy out again :)

Enjoy it and feel better!

Glad you like it! I have been heavily entrenched in re-amping guitars for my bands new album lately and five mods have been constant winners for me:

59RR Platinum, RVerb, XTC, SL-OD100 and Ultra-Lead

They are all within a "family of tones" and not super far apart in their ranges. However under the fine microscope of the studio they have been amazing and the subtleties shine.

Had a litte more time with it today and I'm liking it more and more. They are obviously in the same family but yes, there are definite differences/nuances. Messing more with the Plexi side today, it's similar to what I love about the JMP side of my 59RR in that the harder you dig in, the grittier it gets. Responsive as hell to pick attack. Another winner Rob!

Still love my older JF XTC prior to this version, pristine clean to heavy 80's distortion