Egnater MOD 50 Twin/Deluxe Module (Edit: New Clips added)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
Egnater Mod 50 Twin clip No. 1

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5239810&q=hi

Here is a clip of my new Egnater MOD 50 TD (Twin/Deluxe) Module on channel A (Twin). God, do I love this thing! Guitar is Ernie Ball Musicman Steve Morse model with the two single coils position. Recorded with SM57s on an Eminence Texas Heat and Governor speakers. There is no compression in the path; the TD channel just really feels full all by itself. There is a little bit of L3 on the mastering bus, but it only knocks the thing down a dB in two places or something. Also added a touch of IR ambience verb and splash of Waves delay for good measure.

Egnater MOD 50 Twin/Deluxe - Gretsch 6120 Clip NO. 3 (NEW)

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5287653&q=hi

I just had my trusty Gretsch 6120 refretted and what a religious experience it is! (ya, the tequila helped too). Anyway, here are the same Bossa chords as on the Ernie Ball Twin clip, but now wondering around a 1960s desert landscape in Technicolor - with leather. This may resurface somewhere in the Minnemann Border Towns album with some creepy pedal steel or something.

Gretsch 6150 on both pickups, Egnater Twin/Deluxe, SM 57s yada-yada. I?m still having a hard time keeping the recording sounding nearly as punchy, focused and colorful as the actual amp. It may be interesting to compare this clip to the one with the Ernie Ball to feel how the MOD 50 with Twin/Deluxe responds to each instrument.

Egnater Mod 50 Twin clip No. 2

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5244922&q=hi

This has the same exact settings as the first but just played with a few different right hand techniques to a goofy little loop. These are some alternating rhythm and lead sections from a tune I wrote about 15 years ago. I?m not playing it how I?d like at the moment, yada yada...but it shows some more nice colors of this preamp module.

Nice sounding clean tones. That was pectacular. It sounds like it has a cool spongy compressed feel to it just like an old Fender.

Wow... I wanted that module badly enough based on the concept, but after hearing it, now I'm gonna have to call Frank tomorrow. :) Thanks for sharing!

--B

Mee likey John! Didn't need more than the touch of grease you added. Curious what your module settings are there?

Robert

3 Mile Stone said:
Nice sounding clean tones. That was pectacular. It sounds like it has a cool spongy compressed feel to it just like an old Fender.

Ya, I recall being really freaked out (in agood way) about how loud and spongy it was at NAMM. It felt like I had a little Keely comp in there without the mid mud! It jsut kills witha humbucker for a fat and dark jazz sound that is still articulate and punchy without booming all over the place.

Hey Bduersch,

Tell Frank the Evil Twin sent you!

John,

Excellent clip as usual. I been loving my TD as well, just havent had any time to get a clip up ( plus I knew you'd put a better one up anyway ;) )

This module has permanently sidelined my Vx, which I also loved. But this TD is truly in another league. Twin is SO full it needs no effects, but add a little mod delay for clean arpeggios and its out of this world! And the Deluxe gives a great tight punchy rock rhythm tone.

Those Egnater guys seemingly can do no wrong.

-Matt

:shock: Very very very good tones. Thanks for the clip..
I'll use VOX channel A for my cleans but after this clip this module is very tempting..

Hmm.. so the new modules are COD, Twin / VOX and Twin / Deluxe...
Very cool, I wonder if there's any new ones on the design table :)
I would like to see SL2ChannelA / EG4 module if it's possible to do it.

Thanks guys,

The more clips, the merrier from all. Here's another one form this end:

Egnater Mod 50 Twin clip No. 2

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5244922&q=hi

This has the same exact settings as the first but just played with a few different right hand techniques to a goofy little loop. These are some alternating rhythm and lead sections from a tune I wrote about 15 years ago. I?m not playing it how I?d like at the moment, yada yada...but it shows some more nice colors of this preamp module.

John that sounds incredible,I love that unique sound and style of yours,not to mention that module but your playing is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Hey John,I was wondering about that MHG mod you were talking about,any chance of a clip of that modified MHG,Thanks for all........Jason

Egnater MOD 50 Twin/Deluxe - Gretsch 6150 Clip NO. 3

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5287653&q=hi

I just had my trusty Gretsch 6150 refretted and what a religious experience it is! (ya, the tequila helped too). Anyway, here are the same Bossa chords as on the Ernie Ball Twin clip, but now wondering around a 1960s desert landscape in Technicolor - with leather. This may resurface somewhere in the Minnemann Border Towns album with some creepy pedal steel or something.

Gretsch 6150 on both pickups, Egnater Twin/Deluxe, SM 57s yada-yada. I?m still having a hard time keeping the recording sounding nearly as punchy, focused and colorful as the actual amp. It may be interesting to compare this clip to the one with the Ernie Ball to feel how the MOD 50 with Twin/Deluxe responds to each instrument.

John, stellar as usual. Man that sounded gorgeous. Love that TD module. I grin from ear to ear everytime I play through it!

-Matt

******, John... the first clip made me want to buy a COD module... the newest clip makes me want to buy a Gretsch!

Will you quit posting these clips? My bank account can't take anymore :)

--B

Thanks guys! :lol:

Ya, the Gretsch is a real heart breaker. It's so cool how some instruments just oooze history and culture all over the place. If you have never recorded one, it can be really difficult due to all the bass and mids it produces. I try to get all the mics set up so there isn't too much EQ monkey business going on in Pro Tools, but this took a pretty good mid cut. Like 3+ db in the 180 area at a steep Q.

Well, I took a couple more listens through the clips, and put in a call yesterday to order my own T/D module. I've got a single-channel twin now, but really dig the idea of the T/D's different voicings.

Still haven't bought a Gretsch, tho I have been looking... :)

--B