JF GA-50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
I love all of the metal/rock mods out. But I also do some jazz stuff on an L-5 and was missing that Jim Hall/Johnny Smith classic big box jazz tone in MTS. I asked Rob to do a 1948 Gibson GA-50 and I just got it yesterday. I plugged in the L-5 and it was immediate jazz guitar heaven! It is a nice warm dark amp for that style. I cranked the gain ever so slightly to give it just the right amount of break up and it responds just like an old amp. I have never owned a GA-50 but have heard plenty of them and this just nails it. Just for fun I plugged in my Musicman Silhouette and I was in for a real surprise. With the gain up it put it right into the same smooth distortion as the Trainwreck albeit a little less bright. I see the guitar as perhaps the most versatile musical instrument in history except of course the synths. Randall really blew it in marketing only to the Rock/Metal segment of the market. With these modules and people like Rob out there there is no end to what these things can do. Don't get me wrong. I own a mess of other modules (XMG, Erect, XTC, etc.) and I love the newer tones. But ****! To have a 60 year history of the electric guitar amp in my RM4 is pure heaven for me. Thanks Jaded Faith for being so cool!