Mods by Jeff Hilligan ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Wadd

Reaction score
Does anyone know or have a list of mods that Jeff Hilligan did ?

I currently have a Scorch (which I LOVE)
I know he also made a "snorkeler" - (which I WANT)

Are there any others ? A quick search here didn't pull up much, nor did anything pop up on searches on google and youtube..

Just seems to me that his mods are very good (imho) and im interested in seeking out more.

Any help / guidance / advice is always appreciated :)
Johnny Wadd

He did at least one Slash-inspired SL+ module--called the "Appetite," if memory serves--and there was a tweaked XTC floating around at one point as well. I owned the latter for a spell, but not the former.

I agree his work is first rate; I just don't see much of it going up for sale these days.

He left MTS long ago. I think he worked for DAR amps before they went bust. I dunno what Hilligan is up to these days.

Jeff Hilligan is always around on rig-talk.com

might be able to talk him into a 1 off mod (ie $$) ??

note to J. Wadd - Jeff lives in Michigan !!

Johnny Wadd said:
How was the SL?

I had the XTC, which was essentially a smoother, less aggressive version of the Snorkeler. It felt and sounded great, especially for lead playing.

Someone else here owned the G 'n' R mod; I can't recall who.

Rising Farce said:
Johnny Wadd said:
How was the SL?

I had the XTC, which was essentially a smoother, less aggressive version of the Snorkeler. It felt and sounded great, especially for lead playing.

Someone else here owned the G 'n' R mod; I can't recall who.

I'm not sure where the single channel GNR mod is, but the GNR Mod essentially turned into the SL2X in the dual channel world. The one I have was an SL2 that, it looks like, Ian modded to the GNR specs. I had a custom faceplate made to reflect its GNR-ness. :D

I had my SL + moded to SL2x Appetite specs... to be honest there were only 3 - 4 component differences but it did sound wayyyyy better with it. Hilligan is a bit like Friedman in that he made minimalist changes to stock modules with great results.

Anyway, do a search for some of my GnR clips I did with it on this site. I posted a thread about his mod a few yrs back.

I know he worked for Egnater for a while....had a SL that he modded a bit and it was ok......I didn't like the Snorkeler or Scorch myself but a lot of the mtser's did.......

Im still kicking! I moved to Spring Lake, MI. I still mess around with modules but just end up not having enough time to do it as much as I would like. Anyway man am i glad I bailed on the DAR amp deal. That guy is a mess!

I would surely consider doing mods again if there is a demand!

Um.. hell yeah!
I love the scorch! And I'm in Monroe Mich!
I would love a snorkeler! I hear your xtc was very good too!

Jeff Hilligan said:
Im still kicking! I moved to Spring Lake, MI. I still mess around with modules but just end up not having enough time to do it as much as I would like. Anyway man am i glad I bailed on the DAR amp deal. That guy is a mess!

I would buy a Scorch today Hilly.

Mattfig said:
Jeff Hilligan said:

I would buy a Scorch today Hilly.

+1