If I like the vx and got the Voxless...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will I want to keep the VX if I get the Voxless?

I like the VX, it does a decent job of getting me into Vox territory. I use it mostly for clean since my only other Mod is the Camerock but I do like a driven Vox sound too...

I haven't heard many modules other than demos on youtube but my instinct tells me the VX isn't in the same class as the Camerock and the Voxless will be an improved replacement for the VX.

And for the bonus round:
If I get the Voxless because you think it is better than the VX what should I turn the VX into as a third Mod to go with the Voxless and Camerock?

Thanks!

I had a VX when I first got my MOD50. I played around with it a bit, but didn't really have a need for those tones and they aren't what I primaly look for. I quickly got a JF SL-OD100 and XTC and things have been kind of crazy with modded modules for me ever since.
So in all fairness I did not spend a ton of time with the VX, but recall feeling it had some decent cleans and interesting overdrive tones. Kind of loose and a little farty for my taste.
Since then I got a Voxless a few months ago and man that thing kicks serious ***. I primarily use the DC30 overdrive tones and it is now my main overdrive for the contemporary christian rock we do in my church band. Some of the tunes have some pretty overdriven crunch and it sounds really warm and full w/out being too aggressive. That said it can cover a lot of rock and blues territory.
To be fair I have not spent a lot of time with the clean tones, but I know it can do it.
There is not much comparison in my book. The Voxless tone quality is a few steps above. I assume your VX is a dual? You can get a dual Voxless, but there are probably more singles floating around out there if you are looking to go used. What to do with the VX as a donor really depends on what else you need...or turn it into a dual Voxless and know you aren't missing anything by not having the VX.

Voxless just rules. You won't be missing your VX at all!
The clean tones are amazing. It does everything well.
A JF '59RR or a Mark X would fit nicely in the middle there.