First 5 minutes with Two Notes CAB

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
audiomidijace said:
Heres a quick little demo I threw together to try out
the Two Notes C.A.B loaded with Ownhammer IRs.
I used the RM4 and the SG MK22 module.
https://soundcloud.com/jace-nuzback/two-notes-cab-demo

The guitars sound great, Jace! The kick drum is about 2db too loud and I'd love to hear remix with it lower because it's overpowering everything, including the guitars.

What was the exact signal chain? Did you use any pre or post EQ? Power Amp simulation? Is this the footswitch or rack mount version?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for posting. IR's are a great way to play loud and keep volume reasonable.

Do you like doing it out of the computer better?

Mike P said:
audiomidijace said:
Heres a quick little demo I threw together to try out
the Two Notes C.A.B loaded with Ownhammer IRs.
I used the RM4 and the SG MK22 module.
https://soundcloud.com/jace-nuzback/two-notes-cab-demo

The guitars sound great, Jace! The kick drum is about 2db too loud and I'd love to hear remix with it lower because it's overpowering everything, including the guitars.

What was the exact signal chain? Did you use any pre or post EQ? Power Amp simulation? Is this the footswitch or rack mount version?

Thanks in advance!
Thanks Mike.
Guitar in to RM4, RM4 out in to C.A.B, C.A.B out in to line input on my Focusrite 18i6. I used the EL34 power amp simulator and a bit of the EQ in the C.A.B. software. Nothing in post on the guitars. The drums are a Beta Monkey loop I just threw some compression on to punch it up a bit. I'll try to get a more balanced mix in the next couple days.

audiomidijace said:
Thanks Mike.
Guitar in to RM4, RM4 out in to C.A.B, C.A.B out in to line input on my Focusrite 18i6. I used the EL34 power amp simulator and a bit of the EQ in the C.A.B. software. Nothing in post on the guitars. The drums are a Beta Monkey loop I just threw some compression on to punch it up a bit. I'll try to get a more balanced mix in the next couple days.

Wow, cool! Thanks for the info! This unit is by far the best cab simulator I've ever heard. I'd be really curious to hear it with Rob's new Ampeg bass preamp.

Thanks again!

Much of that is due to OwnHammer I.R.s
Totally affordable and MUCH better sounding than the
Two Notes built-in emulations.
http://ownhammer.com/

I use the rack mount version called Torpedo Live in my studio. Almost the same except it can function as a load box as well.

I'm using the same one you do Jace

Through troubleshooting sessions with Rob I realized what I was doing wrong and BAM!!! Now my guitar sounds EXCATLY recorded as it does in the room, maybe better!

The Torpedo CAB, my APIs and Ownhammer impulses are the BEST investment I have made to make my recordings sound more professional!

KILLER unit!

Nice demo by the way

I'm trying to learn how to do videos as we speak so I can post my reults as well

Keep the Faith!

H

Which Ownhammer IR's were you using? I'm thinking about purchasing for my GSP1101 and I like what I hear. Studio Mix, V1, V2 is there a common favorite?

I think the rackmount torpedo also has a power box included versus the pedal version, but both sound great!