Best mod for Brutal Death Metal?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say the JF Snakebite. It has a very tight low end with good percussive cut. :twisted:
Or my used Randall Ultra with JF Base Mod! (Shameless plug. It's in the classifieds. :roll:) Similar character.

Snakebite ....although I should have my Ubersonic by the end of this week, so we shall see :evil:

My Ubersonic is coming too! It's bad *** without a doubt, but I think it has too much low end for thrash. You can dial it back though. Still not as tight as a Snakebite.

audiomidijace said:
My Ubersonic is coming too! It's bad *** without a doubt, but I think it has too much low end for thrash. You can dial it back though. Still not as tight as a Snakebite.

To me "thrash" = faster/tighter, so yes, I would agree....Snakebite all the way. It sounds like for down tuned "brutal" riffage, Ubersonic would be where it's at....we shall see.

In all honesty I wouldn't use a mamba for death metal. It's based on the Cobra which is a real thick sound. Don't get me wrong, I love mine but it's more metal/core sounding, chugs, breakdowns, huge rhythms etc.

You want that grind!!!

Personally, you can't even get close to the S1S0 with a nice boost up front.

You could stray from MTS and pickup a Marshall 8100 for dirt cheap or an Ampeg VH140... there's a reason all the great DM bands stick with them.

The Rossness said:
Salvation Stonerverb

Nice left field suggestion :) Mind you I suppose one of the dudes in Slipknot uses Orange amps these days so anything modelled on one must be pretty brutal!

How does the Ubersonic fair in the brutality stakes to those who now have them?

Speaking of Orange, my R'Verb can do brutal death metal all day, while being capable of really nice cleans & awesome mid-gain/southern-rock tones. But, it's definitely geared more towards the heavy element.

I can say, now without hesitation that the Numskull is the best for this?.The only other one close for this extreme music for me was Afterlife and that one is just a hair nicer than Numskull?.

I have one of only 3 Numskulls ever made available in the classifieds. 8)

This is why I really can't leave mts, I HATE YOU GUYS AND SO DOES MY BANK ACCOUNT.

I love the diversity of not only the modules but the people. I am always intrigued by the way different people in here dial in and apply them, it's constantly expanding everyone's knowledge. I am a metal fiend, you name it and I love it... For example I've been bumpin Rivers of Nihil and Rings Of Saturns latest jams, completely brutal yet my favourite 2 modules are the C45/BE and the HBE by Friedman.

I looooove trying out new modules, I actually dial my Afterlife back, it sounds massive in a rock based platform. Blend it with a VH4 base or a JCM800 type and you get a huge thick Adam Jones esque tone.

If you play metalcore I'd say jump at all the suggested, hell even a SLO mod would be more than perfect for the job.

When it comes to death metal I can't help but think of a pure oranic grinding tone, dial it back and throw on a tubescreamer, dig in with your pick so aggressive it's evil... Gotta let your bass do its job!

The Afterlife!!!

Hands down is the Ultimate module for Death Metal!!!

Good luck in finding one though it's one of the most sought after modules out there.

Cheers