Ubersonic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDA

Reaction score
I just picked it up on the way home, plugged it in for twenty minutes before leaving for dinner...... this is the text I just sent Rob. Wow!

"The low end is unbelievable.......Jesus it feels like it's going to launch all eight speakers across the room with the master on 2......well done sir, my low B could probably induce bowel movements in elephants"

Glad you like it! It literally knocked the smoke detector right off the wall at the LA Amp Show no less than 4 times.

Jaded Faith said:
There an official demo on the product page of my website.

That demo is really accurate, it captures the low end "thing" that the Uber has going on remarkably well. It makes me want to plug in a seven and play God of Emptiness over and over.......

As of the site rebuild, no mod is released without a page added to the site and an official demo clip. The ?bersonic page has been as is since the relaunch for the LA Show a few weeks ago.

Yes, I always forget :-(
I'm used to searching YouTube for some strange reason..
Anyway, I just need to go turn on my computer and listen to it with good speakers and crank her up.

Honest oversight. FWIW, I don't produce any videos, so all of the official stuff for my work is on the product pages. Anything you may find on Youtube was never produced by Jaded Faith Mods and will always be a 3rd party production.

Wow! It really made a HUGE difference listen on my good system vs my phone speaker!
That sounds wonderfully brutal!
\m/

Johnny Wadd said:
Wow! It really made a HUGE difference listen on my good system vs my phone speaker!
That sounds wonderfully brutal!
\m/
Thank you sir! I have quite a studio here at the shop and record them for playback on real systems or quality speakers. No "Mastered for iTunes" here! :lol:

Hey Rob, in the Uber video you posted on Facebook from the LA amp show....what were the speakers used? The low end sounds pretty controlled, or maybe it's just the camera?

I'm running an XL cab with a mix of 75s and V30s, and the Ian cabs with Heritage 65s, and I can't get a nice tight low end out of the Ubersonic to save my life. I've also tried the Rm 50 with the 2x 1x12 setup with G12H30s, which wasn't even close.

Don't get me wrong....the low end is ridiculous, but a little hard to control. I've tried my RM50 with both KT88s and KT66s, an RM100 with a 34/88 mix, and my Lynchbox with 6L6s.....all of them are a little "tubby" in the low end. Out of the gear I've suggested....what would be the "money" combo for you?

I have great results through my Marshall 1960b (g12t75/eminence governor) x pattern. The governors are basically a higher powered v30, with a nicer mid spike. The lowend toggle on the ?bersonic in the middle position gives me a nice tight thump.

Bogner used 75/v30s with thier uberkab, made with birch ply. Same as my Marshall cab. Your XL cab may just be too much for the lowend of that beast.
I have a lynch cab with super v's, which are very high wattage, and it's got a port with the oversized cab.
It's a lot more bass than the Marshall cab, I have to run my resonance very low and presence high to compensate for the extended low end. But it sounds massive. In the end the Marshall cab has a more controlled lowend for mods like the ?bersonic, since it's not oversized.

That video used JJ E34L's through an open back Avatar 2x12 loaded with Celestion Creamback H's. It was crushing. That rig was what Jace bought after the show. Sounds amazing.

The Ubersonic is going to have a huge bottom. The EQ is rediculously broad in range. Be sure to dial with your ears, not your eyes. Don't be afraid to run the bass low if that's what works best for your rig(s).

Hey Jay,

I'm using an Ubersonic with my RM100H with E34L's, JP 5751 in V3, Mahogany guitar with an SH-6, through a Boggie cab with V30s an Ubercab with the V30/75 mix and Marshall 1960b's and have no problem reigning in the lows. Run 'em low - 10/11 o'clockish - with the old school, Fog Lifter type density board with the density at about 2 o'clock and the low end is very present but completely under control

Hope it helps, PM if you need for info!

Try that thing direct with Ownhammer Mesa V30 impulses with the British Royer 121 impulse an it is DEVESTATING recorded! I had, Sevendust, KSE, Pantera even found VH-1 tone on there! Lovin' this module!

H