RM4 Down!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I went to load a module with the power on, but my amp in standby and there was a loud snappy pop! Now it acts like the power is off, but my 4 button Randal foot switch is still getting power. Probably a preamp tube or fuse?
I won't be able to mess with it for a couple of days.
Any other thoughts before I dig in to it?

You likely blew a fuse. I know we swapped modules in amps that were on during the show, but I always tell people not to. Nothing good can come of it and occasionally this stuff happens. Let me know if you need help troubleshooting.

There should be an AC mains fuse at the cord input. If that's blown, you should have no power to anything at all. Aside from that, they are all internal.

Jaded Faith said:
There should be an AC mains fuse at the cord input. If that's blown, you should have no power to anything at all. Aside from that, they are all internal.
I couldn't see a tube there at all. I'll have to look again.

I did find two blown fuses on the inside of the unit though.
I'll try to find replacements today.

I found the fuse at the power cable input. It wasn't blown. I replaced the two blown fuses, but no luck. It's no longer powering the RM4 foot switch though.
Any other ideas?

It's probably best to discuss this over the phone with the unit in front of you. I'm having a hard time following all the issues and steps taken. It sounds like new problems are popping up as well that weren't previously an issue as well.

Latest posts