Why I like every modder...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Here's my little piece of unity for us....I read the differences and arguments over which mod is best for which purpose while we all know that the argument is entirely subjective...

I just want to say why I appreciate each modder:

Salvation Mods: Anthony knows his stuff...People who know their stuff come to him (Wagonner, Pumpkins +). I've never once been let down by a Salvo mod...Sometimes they aren't what I need but it's never been the module's fault...Despite the gripes of long waits and everything else, he's always got me everything quickly and perfectly...His work seems to be very close to the actual amps in terms of tone, feel, and response.

Friedman: This dude makes minimal changes to the mods and somehow makes the AWESOME....My RSC Plexi is still my fave Plexi...It's simply dead on...From what I see, he made 2 rather odd changes to the mod and now it sings...He is a modder who appreciates the stock mods and knows right where to tweak rather than rebuild....

Voodoo Amps: I will always be a fan of Trace's work after he turned my Crate Blue Voodoo into a monster. His modding technique is also unconventional with internal trim pots and a unique tone...

Jaded Faith Mods: Rob is here on the forum and helping...Offering his expertise for free...I have benefitted from his advice when he could just say "ship the amp to me." I am grateful for that! Also Rob's mods offer another spectrum of the MTS tonal palette...I have had lots of them over the years and still have some now...Rob is a genuinely good guy who works very hard...He's the most accessible modder here and that says something too...

Kasha: Oh yes, things be cookin'!

Hilligan: Doesn't do mods anymore I guess....But the Scorch is a classic and I want one....If someone has one to sell, I want it....That should say enough...Hilly, if you read this, please PM me...

Sacred Groove: Scott is the man....His work is brilliant to me....I love it...I wish he would come back to modding more but due to his brilliance he surely has bigger things on the horizon...Maybe he could host a mod building class for us MTS'ers in Detroit similar to the Egnater seminars...I'd pay to build a mod, even if it's simple....Just thinking out loud...The Afterlife is insane and the heaviest mod I've heard....The dude has never made a turd....Everything has been brilliant! Come back to us Scott!

Gigmods: Pete is long gone I know but his innovations deserve respect....I've had many Gigmods and while they can be a bit noisy, the tone is always beautiful and a Decimatior kills any noise leaving you with great tones...I wish Pete would come back too...I know he's making Kemper stuff mostly now and I hear it's awesome....A few one-offs wouldn't hurt....:)

Thanks, Matt! This is very helpful. I've only had the pleasure of owning mods from Rob, Scott, and Jeff. I hope to try one from Anthony sooner or later. The wait and international shipping have scared me away thus far. Anyway, very interested to see what's coming out of Kasha. I know they have midi switching that you said could be used for an RM100 & RM4 together. That'd be cool, as would a Rockmod or Evil Robot mod. Glad to see someone talked John into MTS!

...and that my friends, is why I nominate Mattfig as the Ambassador of MTS!

Hello My name is Loren Griffin
I am the Moderator for the Facebook Egnater/MTS group I welcome you all to come check it and share your thoughts there.
It is a little more of an open all thins on one page forum but it has been fun so far.
Hope to see you there,
BTW Matt is a member as is Rob (Jaded) Tony (Salvation) an the man himself Bruce (I am the tone Boss... My designation) Egnater

The Rossness said:
Is there a Rockmod MTS preamp in the works?

I am certainly not an authorized Kasha spokesperson. I will only say that I'm grateful to be working with him and he's interested in helping us MTS'sers out as well. If a Rockmod were to gain enough interest, you never know....

He's busy with other projects of major scale so I will allow him to speak to this if he chooses...

If nothing else, know I'm am always wanting something new for MTS.....This dude knows his stuff...I am on the case and hopeful as well....He's got two mods on the way now...!

Latest posts