Jaded Faith mod for killer leads

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
Outside of playing a lot of metal, and loving vox tones for clean, i play a lot of virtuoso lead stuff, think Satch, Vai, Petrucci stuff......

I need a JF mod for those sweet leads! What about the Mark X?
Im trying to avoid the SLO or Xtasy, or is that just foolish?

I have indeed done both, they just aren't standard offerings. I do almost 100 custom modules a year, so they can't all become normal offerings. If you are ever in doubt just drop me an email or scroll through the photos on my Facebook page. I post every job I do as they are completed, both modular and non-modular.

I have a Vai Legacy from Rob...one is a clean mod and the other is for Channel 2 & 3 of a Legacy. I love it a lot.

In a weird irony, i was the one who posted on here about the JSX module, nearly a year ago. Just completely forgot sbout it.
Anyone got any clips of the Legacy mod?
Does it have any Passion And Warfare favour to it? Thats my dream shred tone!

I can get the tone for "For the Love Of God" with the Vai Agra, which is channel 2/3 of the Legacy 3. However, someone on here said that at that time, Vai was playing through some kind of Marshall. My Vai and Vai Agra are sort of Marshall-y with a different flavor that I can't really describe. Like the Vai, which is the clean channel, has a vox-like chime to it with a fender-ishspank but something added. It is my most unique clean module. The Agra has a nice crunch which kind of nicely screams when you flip it over to the high gain setting. I don't play metal per se, but it is really nice for screaming solos.
Sorry, I don't have any clips.

FYI...In case you haven't played a Carvin Legacy, its has a level of darkness that I haven't experienced in any other amp. IMO, for anything other than dark leads, its a horrible amp. It sounds nothing like a marshall. Maybe if you crank the presence, treble and have a really bright guitar it might work.

It is a dark amp. However, I think that Rob may have compensated for this so that I can go either way but maybe not. I really like the EQ section in that there is an AC30 kind of thing where if I crank the bass, I can then crank the mids a little and it changes the bass. Not sure how it works, but it takes some getting used to. Mostly I like the way it breaks up. At a fundamental level it seems to me to resemble a Marshall and yet like I said it has other vibes to it like an AC30. I have a JEM and the two go together nicely. It does not do so well with low gain pick ups, especially single coils. At least that is my experience.

Rob built me a Legacy(Legato) mod it will definitely cover the Satch/Vai solo sound, I loved mine until I used it live. I play classic rock in a cover band(think not a lot of room for improvisation) I could not get it to do what I needed in that situation, with that said, if I would have had an extra slot, the Legato(Vai) mod would have been the one to keep. It has amazing touch sensitivity, and with the gain way down you get Gilmour type tone. Rob did an amazing job, if you order one you will not be sorry.

When i said Passion and Warfare, what i should have said was 'I Would Love To' is one of my dream lead tones. That real 80's hairy lead sound!