gsp1101 + rm4 mts system

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
I would love a boost of my guitar w/o changing the tone of my guitar and am unsure of the best wat to get it. I am using the rm4 in the loop of the gsp. Does anyone know a way to use the assingable foot switch in the C2 for some kind of boost? Usually it is when I am using one of the old style mods (Tweed, Plexi) and I love the tone and want to boost it for a solo but do not want to use one of the distorions. I know that if I am using an amp model I can do this kind of thing easily by boosting the volume of the model and assinging it to that one switch, but I am not sure how to do it with the RM4.
Thanks and I appreciate all of you guys.....
rick

If you have to resort to a pedal, I would recommend the Xotic EP Booster. I picked one up on eBay recently for less than $100. It doesn't add overdrive or distortion and its coloration is minimal. I use it to accommodate the output difference between single-coils and humbuckers going into the same RM4/GSP-2101 configuration.

Thanks Graham. I was looking to avoid another pedal. Is there a way to boost the individual patch on the GSP remotely? I know it can be done in xEdit but unsure if that can be assigned.
I used to live in Fredericksburg a long time ago. I played all over that area...Kerrvielle, Bandera, etc. great town!

How do you boost an individual GSP-1101 patch using the Control Two footpedal? I don't own an 1101 so I'll have to leave that question to someone who owns one.

For anyone interested, I figured out how to do this in xEdit. You can assign the assignable foot switch to the patch volume and boost it. I have not tried it. My fear is that it may introduce little clipping....
Graham, I don't know about the 2101. Does it have a program like xEdit?

Back in 2004, my company White Horse Software wrote a GSP-2101 interface for our MIDIWizard product. The 2101 interface does everything you can do using the 2101's front panel buttons except build new User Algorithms.

Because we spent a significant amount of time analysing the 2101's memory layout, the interface adds functionality that is not provided by the 2101's front panel buttons.

The software runs under any Windows version 98 or later, is written entirely in C++ and uses only the Microsoft MIDI interface protocol so compatibility with current and future versions of Microsoft Windows is guaranteed (unless Microsoft screws up, of course, but that doesn't happen, does it?). Sorry, we don't have a version that runs on the Mac.

Email me if you want more detailed information about MIDIWizard and its GSP-2101 interface.