****! rocking this markus...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MarkUS is crazy good?

The + in the Mashall is the additional voicing toggle for JTM/JCM voicing?.

The + in my MarkUS is my snobby way of saying mine's just a little cooler than the standard because of a few additional features when in actuality I was perfectly happy with the standard and am just getting one fully loaded?.

Has anyone made some nice clips of the Markus aside from those on the Salvation website?

Matt, I'd definitely like to hear your loaded version when you get a chance....

Johnny Wadd said:
****, bought a Salvation MarkUs off the forum a few weeks ago and holy s*&t! I'm loving it!
\m/ \m/

I am looking for one of these now. Are you getting the old school Metallica and Dream Theater tones that are posted on the Salvation site? I grew up on 80's metal and those are my grail tones.

I currently have an RM50 and RM22 and hoping to get those tones.

Are you guys all using 6L6s to achieve these tones? I couldn't get the Markus (a couple different ones, actually) to do a convincing Mark sound through my amps, but they've all been equipped with either 6550s or KT88s.

Rising Farce said:
Are you guys all using 6L6s to achieve these tones? I couldn't get the Markus (a couple different ones, actually) to do a convincing Mark sound through my amps, but they've all been equipped with either 6550s or KT88s.

Do you remember your settings? Do you still have one? Which Mark Series tone do you desire?

I totally get that some mods "miss" on occasion to the tones in mind?It's a different experience for all of us?To each their own, but I'm sure there are some that are happy to help if you still have one?. :)

I don't have one at the moment but would like to try another.

As far as the desired tone goes, if I could get it to sound like the Salvation "Pull Me Under" clip (the rhythm parts, especially), I'd be very happy indeed.

Rising Farce said:

This is of course exactly what scares me. The demo sounds amazing. My fear is that I would not be able to find those tones. I believe my RM50 has EL 34's.

Jsgregg said:
Rising Farce said:

This is of course exactly what scares me. The demo sounds amazing. My fear is that I would not be able to find those tones. I believe my RM50 has EL 34's.

The module won't make you play like that but it will get you into those tones in most cases?But there isn't anything to trick you in the audio, no special effects or anything like that?.Just a guitar, mod, amp, speaker?:)

iekobrid said:
metalsoup said:
Has anyone made some nice clips of the Markus aside from those on the Salvation website?

I always liked these clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ho82x72Ae8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMom9udXsJ4

It should be noted, though, that the amp being used there had been nodded. Some of the amps used to record the official Salvation demos were nodded too, come to think of it.

The sound in clip 1 is exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe I need an RT2/50.

Latest posts