Salvation Mandrine Graphic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Just got this one and have NEVER played one before?I always wanted to but never had a chance?

Well, it is an incredible mod?The features are vast and it can give a huge variety of tones via the FAC switch and special EQ?It can be clean through stoner chord heaven?The cool part is that it doesn't sound like anything else I have?I'm still getting used to the tone but it is awesome from the get -go and only sounding better with each different guitar?.I also switched out the preamp tubes and it came to life even more...

For those of you finding mods starting to sound similar, you might want to check one of these out?.It's a "breath of fresh air" mod?Very British sounding cleans through thick mid gain?.With this mod next to the Stonerverb Starz, I am in Orange heaven and I know there is no single Orange (or any other) amp that can do these tones so well in one amp?

When people talk about % of accuracy, I usually am a bit confused as I don't know what other factors influence these numbers?But when I hear this mod, it is old British Orange 100%?You could have blindfolded me and I would have guessed the Graphic to be a non-MTS amp?

Great work Anthony. I know this isn't a new mod but wow?There should be more of these out there?Just amazing and the innards are insane, there must have been a lot of thought and research behind this one! Now I gotta try the 5OR?

Edited to add: Upon further playing I am already willing to call this the most dynamic mod I own?.I am not a very dynamic player live?I'm a select a clean or dirty channel and slam the strings kinda guy under most conditions?.But this mod sounds almost clean when picked properly and dirty when slammed?I'm beyond impressed?For what I do, I can't think of a better mod for an overall...

audiomidijace said:
Sounds like Christmas came early for you!
Have fun with it!

Thanks Jace?.This is the stuff that makes MTS stay fresh for me?.An old mod I always wanted to play and finally get- and a new door opens?It's pretty cool inside to boot?Very unique and like nothing I've ever seen?

I see you have been reconfiguring?. again?. :)

Very cool.
Yes, I've simplified and improved my rig.
It gives me some extra space in my small
studio too. I'm very happy. I completely
retubed my RT-250 as well which made a BIG
difference. EH EL34 and 6L6, Genalex Gold Lion
for the input and JAN 5751s for the P.I.s.
I'm also using Mogami cables almost exclusively
which has also brought some clarity.
In the RM4 Genalex Gold Lion on the input
and Tung Sols for the loop tubes.
I still think the ISP Decimator was the best
money I've spent in the last 5 years.

I loved my Mandarine Graphic's uniqueness from the get go. I still don't get why Anthony doesn't have a demo on the Salvo site. There is an MTS forum member who had some clips that helped me decide I had to have it.

I can't wait. I opted for a three way bass switch that will let me choose between stock 50r, modern and loose responses.

I chatted with Anthony a bit about it and he suggested the 50R over the graphic for my needs - which are to cover the span of sparkly cleans all the way up to the density of Sleep's Dopesmoker and newer Electric Wizard tones.

Yep, OR-120's are uniquely awesome indeed!

Between the active Baxandall EQ (boost/cut), and FAC (selectable coupling caps to tighten the bottom end), it can do a lot more than traditional FMV (Fender, Marshall, Vox) tonestack'd preamps.

Boost top and bottom and roll of the unwanted lows with the FAC for a scoop, or cut top and bottom for huge mids, many possibilities.

Typically shipped with Fanes in the UK/EU, and Eminence in the US, and they used EL34's everywhere.

Some models had an extra gain stage as well so RM20-22 owners can use the boost feature.

It's definitely one of my favorite modules!

This is my very favorite module to be used with Fuzz pedals. It is a very nice darker clean tone and an ideal base for that kind of pedals.

This mod is producing for me big time?.By that I mean it inspires me greatly?I love the tone so much I end up writing things I like?.A few days in and inspiration is abundant?.One little module can awaken the spirit!!!! Thanks Salvation Mods!

It just jives with EVERY pedal too?.I don't even like using effects much but this mod is making me pull out all my old Boss pedals and such and I am giggling like a school girl.

I forgot to mention that the real OR-120's had a unique Inductor based NFB Presence control as well, though some said that removing the Inductor didn't change the sound of it all that much (don't know, never tried it, though that aspect is missing in the MTS world unless you're using a real OR-120 power section)?

Regarding speakers, I really like them with Celestion Greenback style speakers too for a little additional Marshall edge.

djdayson said:
I forgot to mention that the real OR-120's had a unique Inductor based NFB Presence control as well, though some said that removing the Inductor didn't change the sound of it all that much (don't know, never tried it, though that aspect is missing in the MTS world unless you're using a real OR-120 power section)?

Regarding speakers, I really like them with Celestion Greenback style speakers too for a little additional Marshall edge.

Have not had one next to an OR-120 but I will add that I don't need to?.I love how this mod sounds and feels regardless of its lack of neg feedback?.The EQ is crazy cool and totally effective as is?Would like to play it through an OR-120 power section someday though?.I don't know much about that particular feature but there are guys here with RM amps with NFB as well?

I know special bits in the power section can impact lots of classic amps, but I totally agree with Fig on this mod.

Sounds like the original (way more versatile than I expected)
And...it's way purty!

I'd "guess" that the differences are most noticeable on bright clean tones, but I don't have a real OR-120 either LOL?

GtrGeorge has or had one.

Guys on a vintage amp forum have mentioned they removed the inductor during repairs without noticing a huge difference (thus making their OR-120 power sections the same as most NFB power amps out there etc), but in any case it is a difference?

I love the sound of our homemade OR-120 module, it's one of my favorites.

Mattfig said:
djdayson said:

Have not had one next to an OR-120 but I will add that I don't need to?.I love how this mod sounds and feels regardless of its lack of neg feedback?.The EQ is crazy cool and totally effective as is?Would like to play it through an OR-120 power section someday though?.I don't know much about that particular feature but there are guys here with RM amps with NFB as well?