Cali/ Ultra-lead

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
Besides the mixed one on Rob's site, Does anyone have a clip of the Cali-Lead/ VHT module? I don't see fryette amps or modules getting much love on my various forums, but I think they sound superb. Who has the mod? How close does it get to the UL? There are quite a few JF mods I'd like to try, but this one has interested me the longest.

The Rossness said:
Besides the mixed one on Rob's site, Does anyone have a clip of the Cali-Lead/ VHT module? I don't see fryette amps or modules getting much love on my various forums, but I think they sound superb. Who has the mod? How close does it get to the UL? There are quite a few JF mods I'd like to try, but this one has interested me the longest.

I have one. To be honest I haven't spent a ton of time with it just yet and it is currently in the RM100 I have at a local shop for repairs. I may be able to do a clip when I get it back.

I will say that I find this mod to be more like my Splawn Quickrod than the Quickmod that I had was. Maybe not in its exact voicing, but the dry tight fast tracking I knew of the QR is easier to get on the Ultra-Lead. The aggressive edge and bite are right on par too.
I wasn't sure at first, but when I went back to it last time I found myself really digging how tight and punchy it was and it is by far my most aggressive module.