Modded Dual Channel Egnater Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frodgemo

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of deciding which dual channel mods to order, and I figured now that there have been a few of these out there for some time now, I'd ask the community to chime in with their thoughts here.

Which mods do you like, and why? Which mods do you feel translate particularly well to the dual channel platform?

Thanks!

Currently, in my M4 I have a stock B'man for clean and crunch, a dual JF 59 RR Custom for classic rock and 80s hair, dual JF Erect for low fi and modern metal and a dual JF QuickMod that was updated to GT specs with a few extra tweaks that I use for modern Marshall tones or dynamic Plexi tones.

I could cover everything I need with just the B'man and either the 59 or the QuickMod.

FWIW, I don't really think the stock Egnater modules need modding unless you just want more flexibility (switches). As far as tone, you'll just get another version of good; better is subjective.

I have more than 20 dual channel eggie modules and initially my intention was to keep one line up of Bruce's original modules. When I received my first modified modules from Anthony however this changed as I realised I didn't have to compromise tone for versatility.

To me most of the Salvations are spot on (with an M4 + a good power amp that is) and those salvos that are only in the ball park still deliver - sometimes even sound better than the originals.

I've not tried any other modder's work though. can't say anything about them.

Good points - thanks for the insights, guys.

I feel more or less the same way. The stock Egnaters are great, and don't need to be modded to sound good. In fact, the B-Man is also my favourite stocker, at about 90% the way I would design its sound. And since this is such a great platform for customization, I can't see why I shouldn't take everything to the next level, and get closer to the sounds I hear in my head.

I'm refining a few ideas with Rob at the moment, and will definitely report back when we make some progress.

I have tried a couple of the Egnater dual modules and all of them have sounded good to me. I agree that the BMAN is a great Eggie module. I especially enjoy the b channel. The only downside to the BMAN is that the a channel doesn't work very well with my drive pedals as it makes them too dark and somewhat metallic sounding (I don't think this description is quite right, but I find it very hard to explain in other words).

The Deluxe channel on the T/D module has a great clean tone and it works wonderful combined with my drive pedals. The Twin channel makes the drive pedals a bit too wee sounding in my oppinion.

The ultimate clean/crunch module for me would be Deluxe on channel a and BMAN b-side on channel b.

I would love to try a lot of the modded modules, but the only one I have tried so far is the Salvation Benzin and the Salvation Vage4 which is very similar to the Benzin. Both are killer mods, but as I have never played a Diezel amp I can't compare them.

I've got a load of the eggie ones and I like all of the ones I've kept - didn't really gel with the EG5 or the T/D but other than that they have all been great IMHO.

I too love the BMan, that is one awesome mod!

I've got a few modded by JF, namely a SL-OD 100, Texas Special, XTC and a OD Special they are all very, very good. The Texas Special and the SL-OD 100 should be singled out for especial recognition, for what I do they are just staggeringly good. I got Rob to add a crunch/Overdrive switch for the SL-OD 100 and now I get mid gain and searing high gain in one mod, nice!!!

I have 3 Dual Channel Modded Modules. They were modded by Salvation Mods to have seperate EQs' instead of a shared EQ. I chose this option because i never had an amp with a shared EQ. The ones I got are: Voxyface, Angel and Benzin(Herbert). So now my amp is a 6 channel beast!!! They all sound amazing with the right tubes.

I have the Dual EQ Benzin (Herbert)...it has amazing amount of gob-smacking gain, sounds awesome...pretty much unlike any other module I've tried.

It ought to sound good for what I paid though...can get a whole other amp on the USED marking for those $, heh!

Some interesting mods here for sure. I'd love to see some pictures of some of these pieces, if any are handy...

I'm still refining my ideas, but should be ordering my first batch soon, and I'll definitely post the results.

Loading up my MOD100 for a jam session, these are (generally) the three going in:

Salvation Lone Clean
DSCN0060_zps3757565e.jpg

Jaded Faith Voxless
DSCN0034_zps6b50839f.jpg

Voodoo Tsunami
DSCN0046_zps87ae8616.jpg

Very Honorable Mentions:

Salvation Mash-All
DSCN0056_zpsde33f40c.jpg

Salvation Voxy Face
DSCN0052_zps44ab8dd6.jpg

Jaded Faith XTC Custom Dual Blue Channel
DSCN0005_zps8fb0efe2.jpg

Jaded Faith Vybe Deluxe
DSCN0011_zps208c4308.jpg

Voodoo Custom Mark
DSCN0042_zps21dbeb68.jpg

Hi tried the TD, Bman, VOX, SL and EG3/4
I kept the Bman, SL and EG3/4 for my taste. These 3 really sound consistent and from the same amp category across all the channels.
That's just me. I havent tried others, but I'm tempted by a dual XTC Jaded Faith

Latest posts