Applause :D

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I'd like to give rob some applause and congrats. I have the trilogy prototype, which I "was" selling in the classifieds as I picked up an EVH 5153 50 watt head. The EVH is a cool amp. Great clean channel, nice crunch channel, ok lead channel. Its got more gain than any amp I've ever played, which is pretty fun as its just effortless to play. Then there was my module. It doesn't have as much gain, but its just as effortless to play, and sounds better and bigger. Its got a level of clarity that the EVH just can't touch. The notes seem to ring just a bitt better. The evh is louder, but the JF punches harder. Alas, there's no clean channel on the module :(

I've had a lot of modules over the years and always kept this one and now I know why. Its harmonically better than the 5153 for hard rock (I'm not a metal guy, and can't really comment there as I hear metal guys love 5150's). Mine might not have all the gain or cleans of an evh, or the extra voicing options of the Trilogy, but it just sounds better. I've got mine next to my SG Afterlife and while the SG will slice you're head off in a furious rage, the trilogy will use brute strength and rip it off your neck. It has renewed my interest in JF mods. But if modules can be voiced like my Trilogy proto, it really makes me wonder what else Rob can come up with???? By far, its the best route you can go for a 5150 sound in the mts world.

Now the hunt begins for more JF goodness. I might have to make the 3 hour drive down to NJ to test all the mods and get foglifters in my RM100's and maybe a gain mod for my Jet City JCA100 HDM (very cool amp for the money). Again, I just wanted to tip my metaphoric hat to rob for doing such a bang up job. Thanks for the hard work.

BTW, while the module was for sale, Its not anymore. Now to sell the 5153.

Thank you for the very kind words Rossness and it's good to hear the Trilogy Prototype is still getting love. Let me know if you want to make a trip down and I'll block a day off for you. One of my old modular customers is making a 5 hour drive down from Boston tomorrow with a Marshall 2203 and Kali-Modded Plexi for mods, service and repairs. It's always a pleasure having customers in the shop and I can fine-tune modules perfectly for you while you play them. Guys love that and it's a great way to get exactly what you want.

I was 3 outside with a -15 wind chill here in NJ yesterday. That was Spring temps compared to you boys out in Montana and Minnesota! You'd have to seriously talk me into heading out that way unless it was the middle of Summer! :lol:

How about a summer holiday here in west Oz. I've got a 4 days of over 100 Fahrenheit ahead with Saturday hitting 110. Nothing else to do but go from the jam room to the pool and back to the jam room.

I'll post more later, but I just left Robs place. I got to demo some great tones and will be ordering some mods very soon. Rob couldn't have been more accommodating. The soldano, silverado, grail tone, wrecked and twix are all on my radar as is a truly "unique" faceplate. More later.

The Rossness said:
I'll post more later, but I just left Robs place. I got to demo some great tones and will be ordering some mods very soon. Rob couldn't have been more accommodating. The soldano, silverado, grail tone, wrecked and twix are all on my radar as is a truly "unique" faceplate. More later.

I am glad it was time well spent and worth the trip. It was great having you for the afternoon! I also thank you for the revelation on the Wrecked when it's dimed. Let me know if you have any questions, enjoy the Foglifter and I look forward to working with you on the next round of modules.

Have a great weekend,
Rob