Friedman Modded Scary (Blackeye) on ebay

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can tell you that you will hate it and immediately want to sell it to me.

Actually I've never played one, though I've heard it described as a more-modern-sounding HBE with more low end. Considering that the HBE is among my all-time faves, it sounds like a pretty awesome concept.

(And seriously, if it's not for you, I'll be happy to take it off your hands.)

Rising Farce said:
I can tell you that you will hate it and immediately want to sell it to me.

Actually I've never played one, though I've heard it described as a more-modern-sounding HBE with more low end. Considering that the HBE is among my all-time faves, it sounds like a pretty awesome concept.

(And seriously, if it's not for you, I'll be happy to take it off your hands.)

Thanks Bro, I'll keep that in mind. You got dibs.

Holy crap! Maybe it's the honeymoon but this module sounds really good! Punchy and clear and more gain than I'll ever need. Friedmans work is hilarious though; looks like the mods were done from the top and it wasn't disassembled, resisters soldered together in series because he didn't have the value he needed at hand, jumpers and exposed legs without any shrink wrap. Overall just not very clean compared to other modders or even my own mods. But... it sound fucking amazing.

MarcoR said:
Holy crap! Maybe it's the honeymoon but this module sounds really good! Punchy and clear and more gain than I'll ever need. Friedmans work is hilarious though; looks like the mods were done from the top and it wasn't disassembled, resisters soldered together in series because he didn't have the value he needed at hand, jumpers and exposed legs without any shrink wrap. Overall just not very clean compared to other modders or even my own mods. But... it sound f&*king amazing.

This is actually 100% correct in every evaluation of both tone and how the work was done. I've had a few in here for repairs or tweaks through the years. If you like it then it's good right?

Friedman's work in the Marshall side of MTS is amazing?.Certainly not at all neat nor extensive?.

He proves that the stock mods were a great start and just need some tweaks toward taste for each serious player?Scary, Brahma, Judge, SL, Plexi, JTM, etc. all are good starts and Dave totally "gets" them?

Johnny Wadd said:
Post a clip !
I Just got a stock scary and i really dig it !
Id like to hear the difference

Ok, this is just me noodling over my looper. The gain is at about 1:00 on the module but I have the volume rolled back on the guitar and I'm ridding it the whole time. It's all the Scary, even the intro loop. Sorry about all the clams... Enjoy or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhzhEz911FY

Marco!
Wow! I really dig your playing, style, touch etc!
That was very cool man! Very cool!

The tone was very nice too!
Nice buy!

Very nice indeed. Reminded me a bit of Gary Hoey.

In Dave's defense, I think the "cleanliness" of the module work varied greatly depending on whether he or one of his employees performed it. My HBE, for example, is perfectly tidy inside.

Remember a guy called Jim (?) owned it at one point....if you search on Youtube you'll find his clips Yngzaklynch.

Dude went through a lot of mods and amps....can't remember what he settled on today :)

Johnny Wadd said:
Marco!
Wow! I really dig your playing, style, touch etc!
That was very cool man! Very cool!

The tone was very nice too!
Nice buy!

Very nice of you to say! I'm a little embarrassed I posted it :oops: The clip really doesn't represent what the module excels at but I thought it showed it's versatility and softer side.

That sounded sweet man.
I'm always jealous of players like yourself who have the gift of fluency on the fast runs while keeping it full of feel and taste

notyet said:
Are you selling it or is there another one now listed?

No, I just got it off eBay. I was wondering what to expect while it was in transit.

davetheslave said:
That sounded sweet man.
I'm always jealous of players like yourself who have the gift of fluency on the fast runs while keeping it full of feel and taste

That's for the kind words! I'm working on it, hopefully one day I'll get there.

Nice!
Can I ask what you use for looping?
I'm switching my setup to rack effects and I don't think my stomp jam man will like line level loops.

notyet said:
Are you selling it or is there another one now listed?

Thanks for the heads-up: I just snagged that one.

Marco, does yours have the "V1-V2" selector in place of the Bright switch, and, if so, what does it do?