Your favourite clean/low gain module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksun

Reaction score
Besides the modder giants Jaded Faith's and Salvation's creations, what module stock randall (or egnater) or other mods do you fancy?? 8)

I'm familiar with all the stock eggies, but are there any good Randall cleans? Did any of the non-active modders do a good clean/low gain mod?

I liked the stock Blackface mod a bit more than the Deluxe. Either one was pretty good though.

The KH1 was fun but a touch less warm than the Blackface and Deluxe. Warm as how I would describe it anyway.

I really liked the stock Randall Blackface as well, very nice convincing Fender tone. I also like the Randall Deluxe. My JF Vybe Deluxe can do both and then some, but I wouldn't be unhappy with either of them if I didn't have the modded options. I had a Randall Clean module for awhile and found that to be a very warm, crystalline clean that took pedals quite well. I think the various MTS power sections just lend themselves to the clean tones very well, as the clean mods all seem to sound great in general.

I did not like any of the stock Randalls. I had the Twin, Deluxe and Tweed and being a dyed in the wool Fender guy, I thought they were way off the mark. I had base mods done on all three by Rob at JF and they are like the real deal. I have an old twin sitting across from my RM50 combo. I put the JF Twin in the RM50 and A/B'd them and they are virtually indistinguishable from each other. I also have a real Deluxe and the mod is pretty much spot on. Remember, I am a Fender snob. The great thing about the deluxe, twin or tweed is that you can usually get them for around $100 and the mod costs about the same.

They're really that close in sound/feel to the real thing? I'm looking for a lower gain mod for my next module, will have to check those out.

I really liked the Blackface, but my JF Vybe Deluxe is a massive improvement. If your looking for the feel (and tone) of the real deal, then the Vybe is the ticket for sure. But, youre gonna need a clean donor anyhow, so may as well pick one or two stock clean modules up and give em a try. They rarely sell for more than $100, so you cant lose either way!

drewiv said:
Stock:
Randall Blackface
Egnater Dual Bman
/thread
:D

There's a dual B'Man on eBay as we speak...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Egnater-BMAN-MTS-module-for-Egnater-and-Randall-MTS-series-/171230249052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27de1e405c

Corium_AZ said:
drewiv said:
Stock:
Randall Blackface
Egnater Dual Bman
/thread
:D

There's a dual B'Man on eBay as we speak...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Egnater-BMAN-MTS-module-for-Egnater-and-Randall-MTS-series-/171230249052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27de1e405c

Hmmm. Mine doesn't have the Voicing button... This has my interest.

I have an Egnater clean single channel that I like. It has the voice of a twin, and a push button that changes the eq to a Plexi. I get the impression that the Egnater stock cleans are well voiced and built (vs. the Randall modules).

Apparently mine was a non std module, and more of an experiment but I really like it, and I do have a Fender Twin to compare for cleans.