what mod just "does it" for you?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Wadd

Reaction score
You know the one... the one module you keep going back to...
Sure you play others, and need others but there's that one that you just keep going back to...
Which is it for you?

For me, as of right now (always subject to change) definitely the MarkUs.. its just so Grrrrrruuuhhhhh!

JF Superclean. Never leaves the rig. Before it existed I had a clean tone in my head I couldn't find anywhere. Then Rob released this and that tone became a reality.

Right now it's easily the Salvation Mods Mandarine Graphic OR?It is the tone that suits my playing and writing style the best?.

But I must add that I have VERY high hopes for my Vishnu module coming on Thursday for THAT Marshall tone?I have loved many Marshall based mods from the Mashall+ to the Friedman Plexi to the JF 59RR ? But Vishnu is something I have desired from the beginning and only Anthony can make it happen?I can't wait!

Johnny Wadd said:
And it was your idea!
Kudos to you my brutha!

Thanks, but to be fair, it was something I always wanted and Anthony simply made happen?I say it time and again, no matter who you prefer modding wise, we're lucky to have guys willing to make whatever we think up!

JF Pitbull - it just does THAT hot rodded Marshall tone while being tight & aggressive as nails. I love it!
SG Afterlife - there is none more brutal. The low-end is incredible and it's very musical for being a high-gain mod.

Jaded Faith SL-OD100. This is the perfect all around performer. I use it in my Channel 2 but it's typically where I switch back to from a higher gain channel for solos. It sounds perfect for what I play. Soars through the mix every time and sounds **** brilliant.
Salvation Shiver. It has this woody grind, churning sort of sound. Really hard to describe but in all modes, as soon as you dial it in 'it's there'. And you get it. I sold mine a while back and have regretted it ever since. Rectifying that decision when Uncle Sam pays me back.
**Honorable Mention**
Salvation S1S0. Pure killer, no frills, In Flames, bad a$$, nom-nom tone. Again, it's hard to explain...imagine taking a length of PVC pipe and striking it on the end with a sledgehammer. It has that tone. Not the sound of course, but this characteristic. I have heard it in my head for years and it's spot on. Especially palm-muting phrases. It isn't my cup of tea for what I play, but man is it sick!

Just goes to show how we all love our mods and tones!
And that we are all individual! Have our own preferences, likes and dislikes but we all still love our MTS !

I couldn't agree more, it's nice to be a part of such a cool group of players. Great question, Johnny Wadd! Hell of a conversation starter! I can't wait to hear more reviews of more modules. Bring it on, everyone!